It's hard to be single and dieting

Options
Madonna3652
Madonna3652 Posts: 7 Member
Hi, I found it's hard to be single and on a diet. I'm always going out to eat and just having fun. I found exercise does help. I have more energy. So far, I have a boyfriend who supports me, which helps too. Anyway, our weather here in Ohio doesn't help, though. Oh, well.

Replies

• erinxo13
    erinxo13 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about this earlier...and its the reason why people start gaining weight when they start dating people because they're constantly going out for drinks or dinner! Glad you have someone who is supportive though..
  • woznube7
    woznube7 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Yes it is! But at least you have support. More than most. I just need to be patient.. and work on myself a bit more!
  • KingsGirl4
    KingsGirl4 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I actually decided to focus on my fitness and nutrition journey over dating. I personally can't handle both and I feel at this point in my life, making healthy habits now and setting up my future health is more important than dating.

• j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I think its easier. Just don't drink, and tell your date you like to eat healthy. If they don't like it. F'em. I don't do dinner dates, just coffee. And I don't drink. And I'm stubborn. lol
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    j4nash wrote: »
    I think its easier. Just don't drink, and tell your date you like to eat healthy. If they don't like it. F'em.

I know so many people in LTRs whose partners try to sabotage their weight-loss efforts. Dating whilst dieting means you can look for someone supportive, someone who enjoys a healthy lifestyle.

And who says you have to overeat & drink on a date? Do something active (and fun) like dancing, bowling, laser tag, paintball, miniature golf, go to an amusement park…
  • cyronius
    cyronius Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    sueme1975 wrote: »
    I have a boyfriend who supports me, which helps too. Anyway, our weather here in Ohio doesn't help, though. Oh, well.

You have a boyfriend who helps you diet whilst you're single? o.O

• FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    best time to focus on fitness