in a situation...

Options
kevcren
kevcren Posts: 49 Member
I recovered from a HORRIBLE binge cycle last year where I gained 25lbs in a month (it would have been more of I wasn't working out). Symptoms are starting to come back but with certain foods.

Anyone else have this happen?

Replies

• lylu73
    lylu73 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I think we will always struggle with that. I have relapsed many times. I've been doing a ton of work on the issues behind my eating and it has helped tremendously. Just know that you are not alone.
  • lylu73
    lylu73 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I think we will always struggle with that. I have relapsed many times. I've been doing a ton of work on the issues behind my eating and it has helped tremendously. Just know that you are not alone.
  • loribethrice
    loribethrice Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    kevcren wrote: »
    I recovered from a HORRIBLE binge cycle last year where I gained 25lbs in a month (it would have been more of I wasn't working out). Symptoms are starting to come back but with certain foods.

Definitely. I've gained 10lbs since Easter and if I didn't have work out days I'm sure it would be at least double that. It's always with sugary food or pizza.

• mae918
    mae918 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    I gained 8 pounds in a week earlier this month...I think it would have been worse if I didn't find this group. I joined around May 4th I think. The awareness helps me...forcing myself to log on and be accountable to this group helps.. I had 2 particular foods that a binged on for 2 weeks and I am feel lucky I managed to get some control back.

What helps me is cutting out just 1 or 2 of my biggest trigger foods and giving myself a time frame to do it. I start with 1 day..I usually fail the first few days and get frustrated.. and then I make a larger goal like a week or month without my main triggers and it really helps break the cravings. This time it worked to help me stop binging all together...I'm on my 10th day and feeling good about it (not having symptoms)?

That is what has worked for me historically. I am curious what works for others..but yes, this happens..it is something I know I will always have to deal with..
    kevcren wrote: »

• loribethrice
    loribethrice Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I have gained 15-18lbs since April 5th because of how much I've been binging. There are so many foods that I crave all day long...DQ Cookie Dough Blizzards, cookie sandwiches from Giant Eagle, thumbprint cookies, Hershey's Cookies'N Creme Drops and bars, Caramello bars...just so much. All I do is think about them and then I am constantly starving, but I am desperately trying to lose the weight I gained.