Meatloaf and Mashed Potatoes (SS Dinner)

Options
chocolateeeee123
chocolateeeee123 Posts: 286 Member
edited May 2015 in Social Groups
Please do not buy...this is the worst meal that I have ever had from NS...it smells weird and is not tasty at all...Even after I tried to season it, was still horrible and I couldn't finish it.

Replies

• mrs17alvarez
    mrs17alvarez Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I agree Sonia. Between the smell, taste, and gluey texture of the potatoes, it was just awful.
  • chocolateeeee123
    Options
    I agree Sonia. Between the smell, taste, and gluey texture of the potatoes, it was just awful.

Yes Amanda, what was that smell???? I have never had potatoes like that EVER :p

• mrs17alvarez
    mrs17alvarez Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Sonia - I truly wish I knew what that smell was! It hit me as soon as I opened the package and the whole time trying to eat it. I'm glad they have lots of food choices, as I'm sure some people love this one, but this one is a "never again" on my list. :p
  • ChrisS115
    ChrisS115 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I really wish I had read this before I ordered 2 of them. But at least I am reading it before eating them!
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi
    What I may Try is using the MeatLoaf part of the entree and use a Loaded Baked Potato lunch cup to replace the potatoes.

That was what I ended up doing with the old version with the red sauce. I had ordered several of these as I thought the problem was the red sauce and meat sitting on the mashed potatoes in the old version.

Wish Me Luck, I have three more to use up.
    Roger
  • CanyonDweller
    CanyonDweller Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I have one and not sure I even want to try this now. Guess I'll have a backup plan when I get nerve enough to face the SMELL.
  • chocolateeeee123
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Roger- it is not just the potatoes, the meat is indescribable...it is not the meat patties that they use for the burgers....I wish there was red sauce, that may have been a better meal...the meat, potatoes, sauce...Everything is just plain ole NASTY....LOL
    Sonia
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Roger- it is not just the potatoes, the meat is indescribable...it is not the meat patties that they use for the burgers....I wish there was red sauce, that may have been a better meal...the meat, potatoes, sauce...Everything is just plain ole NASTY....LOL
    Sonia

Hi Sonia
    I have three of these things left, I hate to waste the money I paid when I bought them A La Carte :)
    Even Paying 48% of posted price with the discounts it is still a waste.

Most of the food is pretty good but now and then a real clunker slips through and this is one of them.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • CanyonDweller
    Options
    Okay, I'm convinced! I'm going to pitch this meal without trying it. I'm not a big fan of mystery meat and this sounds like a prime candidate. Glad I only bought one. Hey, RogerToo, do you have a dog you could feed your three to. Of course, a dog may not eat it either. LOL
    Can we get a refund? If we all ask for a refund they will probably look at this more closely for removal or re-design.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I would not pitch it without trying it. The reason I bought four was based on reviews on the Old NS forums from people that had tried it and liked it so You might like it. You paid for it, what have You got to lose trying it. 1.5 minutes of time in the Microwave?

IMO this is one of those meals that You either love or hate :)

Have a Good Weekend
    Roger
  • CanyonDweller
    Options
    Took your advice RogerToo and I'm one of the.......I HATE IT! The smell was horrid, but I tasted it. BAD! BAD! BAD! I did have a backup plan for dinner, so went with that after I trashed the meatloaf stuff. I called NS and they gave me a credit toward my next order, so all was not lost. I agree that you should try it and who knows......you may be one of the few who like it. Good learning lesson for me to never buy more than one of a new item.
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    I bought just one and after reading your reviews I am afraid to try it. I think I'll save it as a last resort. :)
  • schle009
    schle009 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    New to this group...it was part of my Fast5. I am pretty sure most of the Fast5 food is just stuff they can't get sold fast enough, but that was by far the WORST... I don't think it was food. :(
  • RogerToo
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Hi Schle009
    Welcome to the group, As You mentioned not too good :)
    They do the same thing if they have to substitue AFAICT, That is why I got 13 of the Fiesta Melt, mostly as substitutions in my Two Sampler packs of melts.

Cheers
    Roger

P.S. You would think they would take extra care of what they put in the Fast 5 Foods so as to present their best foods. :)
  • dharris1014
    dharris1014 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I agree, this is one dish I did it lihe as well. However, everyone's taste is different so for those who have not tried, try it first and then you decide.
  • Nightingale2200
    Nightingale2200 Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    This was one of the very first meals I tried and have to say, I kinda liked it.

It was very bland and probably the only food I've had to add salt.

But, it was o.k. Not my fav, no, but o.k.
  • schle009
    schle009 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    This isn't showing up for me anymore... but I'm at work so I'm not sure about whether it's just "low stock." Think the low reviews were enough for them to get rid of it?