Wahoo!! Lowest weight yet, due to your help!

Options
Cheesy567
Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
I am tremendously thankful for the guidance and support I have found here!

So, Saturday's are usually my heaviest days, due to a high-dose medical steroid dose on Fridays and a blood product infusion that causes quite a bit of swelling. It hasn't been uncommon for me to gain 10-14 pounds from Friday morning to Saturday morning. It's been a consistent pattern since I started the infusions last November.

Well, I lost weight from yesterday!! And I had minimal cravings from the steroids :) Yesterday was 303.4 lbs, today's is 301.6!! That's a new low for me, at least for the past 4-5 years or so.

I realize some of this is my first "woosh" from starting a low-carb eating plan since Wednesday. But it's been a 10-lb loss since Wed, I'll take it regardless!

Definitely motivating!

Replies

• greenautumn17
    greenautumn17 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Hurray!
  • GSD_Mama
    GSD_Mama Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Congratulation!! I know how exiting it is :)
    Keep on track and you'll have more success :)
  • annalisbeth74
    annalisbeth74 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Don't you just love seeing those numbers that you haven't seen in years?
  • audra145
    audra145 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Keep up the great work!
  • KetoGirl83
    KetoGirl83 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Yay! It's a great feeling!

::flowerforyou::
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Woo Hoo! Good results so far!! Keep it going!
  • spush
    spush Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    fantastic news :)
  • jumanajane
    jumanajane Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Brilliant! Look forward to seeing you tell us about more losses! :)
  • Cheesy567
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Thanks Everyone!! The support here is awesome :smiley:
    Bounced back up to 304 today, but a net gain of 1 lb over a weekend is unheard of for me!

Of to make a bunch of salami chips :)
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Cheesy567 wrote: »
    Thanks Everyone!! The support here is awesome :smiley:
    Bounced back up to 304 today, but a net gain of 1 lb over a weekend is unheard of for me!

Of to make a bunch of salami chips :)

Great results! Salami chips sound great?

• kristenlarkin
    kristenlarkin Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    congrats!
  • cdpits
    cdpits Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Fantastic !
  • SRJennings
    SRJennings Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I am very happy for you! Enjoy your success!
  • Twibbly
    Twibbly Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    Yay!

(And we need to know how to make salami chips, please. NEED to know.)
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    Medical conditions does make things harder for many of us but you are doing great it seems. Due to 40 years of medical conditions it has been hard for me but with LCHF for 8 nonstop months I am at my lowest weight in 22 years and am now 64 years old with less pain than in 40 years.

Keep up the good work. Because I am eating high calories (2500-3000 daily) the weight loss has been slow to try and finally prevent yo yo weights going forward. The loss of inches has never stopped even when the scales would not move for 90 days one time.

In my case I am sure my body systems had to recover for a few months before the weight loss could get underway. My age and poor health were not in my favor but LCHF is working.
  • Cheesy567
    Options
    Twibbly wrote: »
    Yay!

I think I saw it here, or maybe another group. I cut hard salami into quarters, lay them out onto several layers of paper towels, and microwave for 1-2 minutes or until as crispy as you want them. I bet you could bake them in an oven at a high temp and get a similar result.

People talked about making them with pepperoni, too.
  • Cheesy567
    Options
    Medical conditions does make things harder for many of us but you are doing great it seems. Due to 40 years of medical conditions it has been hard for me but with LCHF for 8 nonstop months I am at my lowest weight in 22 years and am now 64 years old with less pain than in 40 years.

Keep up the good work. Because I am eating high calories (2500-3000 daily) the weight loss has been slow to try and finally prevent yo yo weights going forward. The loss of inches has never stopped even when the scales would not move for 90 days one time.

In my case I am sure my body systems had to recover for a few months before the weight loss could get underway. My age and poor health were not in my favor but LCHF is working.

Well done Gale!!
  • Twibbly
    Twibbly Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    Cheesy567 wrote: »
    Twibbly wrote: »
    Yay!

I think I saw it here, or maybe another group. I cut hard salami into quarters, lay them out onto several layers of paper towels, and microwave for 1-2 minutes or until as crispy as you want them. I bet you could bake them in an oven at a high temp and get a similar result.

People talked about making them with pepperoni, too.

Ok, same as pepperoni chips. That makes it easier. Thanks!
  • shai74
    shai74 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I spread pepperoni out on an oven tray and cook til crispy. I do the same with cubes of cheese to make cheese chips.