UP2 vs. UP24 step counts for spinning/cycling?

Options
rosepeppercreek
rosepeppercreek Posts: 160 Member
Hey everyone! I used to have an UP24, which broke. Jawbone decided to replace it with an UP2 instead of another UP24 (not sure how I feel about it). Only problem I've found so far is that the "steps" I usually get during spin class (I'm an avid spinner, so getting that workout to count towards my steps is important to me), is about a 1/3 of what I got with the UP24. I tie the band to my shoe so that it can pick up my movements. Looking at my spin class today, it just looks like high activity for several periods, and then like zero activity during the rest of the time. Kind of disheartening, because I used to be able to pin point different parts of my spin workout, and really enjoyed tracking that. Any suggestions? Like I said, I tied it to my shoe, but maybe there is a better way to tie it? I can't fit it around my ankle.

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Do you want steps, or do you want an accurate burn? Leave your UP2 on your wrist, and log your biking in the UP app.
  • rosepeppercreek
    rosepeppercreek Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Um... I mean ideally both. I shouldn't be punished step-wise because my form of cardio isn't running or something. Each revolution of the wheel should count as a step, like the UP24 used to count it.
  • kellytime2lose
    kellytime2lose Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I agree ...I just got an up2 because my up24 broke and my step count is noticeably less with the up2. I too love to spin but haven't tried it yet ...I hope they update the firmware to fix this issue.
  • blossomingbutterfly
    blossomingbutterfly Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Just out of sheer curiosity, when you used to get the calorie burn from the spin class on the Up24 was it similar to if you use the stopwatch mode in the Up2 and log it as biking? I'm just curious if the calorie count is close at all. I know that doesn't solve your step problem and that you'd want to analyse that data.