Ideal fat/protein/carb %s

Options
SeattleGal2015
SeattleGal2015 Posts: 24 Member
Hey guys, what's the % you are aiming for? I slowly started adding rice and potatoes and things like beans over the last 2 years and have gained 20-25 lbs (and I don't typically eat a lot of it but my body hates carbs!) I literally ate no carbs for 6-12 mths and dropped like 60 lbs but curious what the specific target %s are. Thanks!

Replies

• SlimBride2Be
    SlimBride2Be Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I go 5c/35p/60f but it's better to set your grams so you don't go over on carbs if you exercise and earn more calories. How low carb do you want to go? I'm 30-50g and it gives me good losses, YMMV.
  • omkarbhimraobhosekar01313
    Options
    I am following C%:P%:F% 15%:35%:50%.
  • bikerchick2012
    bikerchick2012 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    5% carbs
    75% fat
    20% protein
  • Juliste
    Juliste Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    under 20 gr carbs; 100 gr protein; rest in fats
  • lauraesh0384
    lauraesh0384 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I do 70% fat, 25% protein and 5% carbs
  • GSD_Mama
    GSD_Mama Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    5/20/75
  • kuranda10
    kuranda10 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I'm at 10%20%70%, but keep the carbs at about 42g regardless of the percentage for the day
  • caseyjfer
    caseyjfer Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I do 75:20:5 too.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, what's the % you are aiming for? I slowly started adding rice and potatoes and things like beans over the last 2 years and have gained 20-25 lbs (and I don't typically eat a lot of it but my body hates carbs!) I literally ate no carbs for 6-12 mths and dropped like 60 lbs but curious what the specific target %s are. Thanks!

I agree with the ranges others are posting but I do not understand why you are moving back to eating more carbs when LCHF was working for you. I never plan to do that because losing weight is relative easy but very few manage to keep if off long term.

Because of that fact I just started losing some again after maintaining for 90 days at the 209 number to prove that I can now maintain for life using LCHF eating lifestyle. I did eat more but did not bump up % of carbs. Mainly I just do not eat after 5 PM to lose weight on LCHF eating lifestyle. I can eat and go to bed and still not gain weight but to lose I need to last eat at 5 PM and not again till the next morning.

• xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I just do grams. So my grams of carbs are < 50 (higher than most, I know), protein 90g, and fat is the rest (usually something like 70? g).
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I agree with GaleHawkins! Why would anyone want to return to eating the foods that got them here in the first place? I won't ever eat like I used to again, and that's fine with me!
  • AngInCanada
    AngInCanada Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    5% carbs
    75% fat
    20% protein

Exactly the same as mine. Love it!
  • AngInCanada
    AngInCanada Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I just do grams. So my grams of carbs are < 50 (higher than most, I know), protein 90g, and fat is the rest (usually something like 70? g).

To do grams now though you need to purchase the premium.
  • aspiedude
    aspiedude Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    No you don't, just look under nutrition. I don't have premium and it's right there.
  • minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Screenshot_2015-06-03-12-27-35_zpsmsgdvmwa.png

I tend to be a little under on protein and carbs, and a little over on fat.
  • SeattleGal2015
    SeattleGal2015 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the posts everyone! I never tracked carbs at all and was on the GAPS diet for healing leaky gut but kept with the low carb as it helped me drop weight.

For all of you asking why I started eating carbs again let's not be so judgemental ok? I have a 9 year old son and a life filled with lots of changes, so if you're asking if I deliberately added carbs, no I didn't, but sometimes other things take precedence you know?

Anyway, I feel really good about my weight as it is but was curious what you guys did - I never officially did "low carb" as I did it as a side effect of the health protocol I was on so this is VERY helpful.

Thanks again!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the posts everyone! I never tracked carbs at all and was on the GAPS diet for healing leaky gut but kept with the low carb as it helped me drop weight.

For all of you asking why I started eating carbs again let's not be so judgemental ok? I have a 9 year old son and a life filled with lots of changes, so if you're asking if I deliberately added carbs, no I didn't, but sometimes other things take precedence you know?

Anyway, I feel really good about my weight as it is but was curious what you guys did - I never officially did "low carb" as I did it as a side effect of the health protocol I was on so this is VERY helpful.

Thanks again!

I don't think anyone intended judgment. Most of our friends here are more in the class of why they wouldn't change. We all know life happens. I'm glad that you've found success in your own way. Once I get closer to goal, I plan to slowly add things back in, but unless my health changes dramatically (like healing insulin resistance - I don't even know if that CAN happen...lol), I doubt I'll ever go back over 100 grams of carbs daily, unless on holiday or special meal. But again, that is me - and I can't predict the future...so anything I say is a guess. Good luck no matter which way you go for now! And being happy with your weight currently is an amazing progress step, in my book, so congrats!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Never any judgement here! We all know what it's like. The comment I made was actually from another's post early on in this woe for me. For me it was a lightbulb moment. Why would I WANT to return to the carbage that brought me here in the first place? A truly healthy woe is never finished. There is no magical finish line. This woe has helped me in so many other ways than just the scale, and it works for me. But no, never any judgement! Only commenting on personal experiences. Hang in there! Hugs!
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I'm at 5%/20%/75%, which puts me at 19g carbs, 75g protein, and 124g fat daily... but I don't stress as long as I am under 25ish net carbs.

Edited twice. I changed my mind. :)
  • LadyMontdore
    LadyMontdore Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks Minties82 for pointing that out - I didn't realise it was under nutrition! I'm at roughly 15% carbs, 25 % protein and 60% fat. The carb % is quite high but my calorie allowance is quite small so it comes in at about 30-40 grams.