21 DSD

Options
KombuchaCat
KombuchaCat Posts: 834 Member
Hi all, I'm doing the 21 Day Sugar Detox by Diane Sanfilippo starting 6/1/15 with another one of my long time MFP friends. She is not Paleo so she's starting at Level 1, I'm doing Level 3. Just feel like I need to get the sugar back under better control. I thought I'd post it here if anyone wants to join in and maybe you are having a little Whole30 burn out LOL!

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    Hi all, I'm doing the 21 Day Sugar Detox by Diane Sanfilippo starting 6/1/15 with another one of my long time MFP friends. She is not Paleo so she's starting at Level 1, I'm doing Level 3. Just feel like I need to get the sugar back under better control. I thought I'd post it here if anyone wants to join in and maybe you are having a little Whole30 burn out LOL!

Just a side bar. I love that this is the place where a gal can say this without being descended upon.

Please let us know how much better you're feeling day by day. This is a good thing!

Hear hear.
  • KombuchaCat
    Options
    I will keep you posted and I know right? If I offered this on the general forums I would get eaten alive!
  • FaylinaMeir
    FaylinaMeir Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    preach! lol I honestly don't go to the normal forums unless I see a wear title on the main page. If eating a lot of carbs worked I woulda been a super model when I went high carb vegan LOL
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    edited May 2015
    Options
    preach! lol I honestly don't go to the normal forums unless I see a wear title on the main page. If eating a lot of carbs worked I woulda been a super model when I went high carb vegan LOL

I go. To find people to usher into groups like this, low carb, eat to live, "clean eating", etc.. Basically anyone looking for an alternative to the SAD! (And to argue with strangers in a way I can't argue with my colleagues.
    :) )
  • FaylinaMeir
    FaylinaMeir Posts: 661 Member
    Options

I go. To find people to usher into groups like this, low carb, eat to live, "clean eating", etc.. Basically anyone looking for an alternative to the SAD! (And to argue with strangers in a way I can't argue with my colleagues.

yeah and the funny thing is I've argued with you in the past about how awesome carbs are for weight loss and here I am trying paleo LOL Although my carbs aren't super low..yet(?)..
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    edited May 2015
    Options

yeah and the funny thing is I've argued with you in the past about how awesome carbs are for weight loss and here I am trying paleo LOL Although my carbs aren't super low..yet(?)..

Cheers! :drinker: Find what works for you! I'm not particularly paleo, just like the pyramid. and my carbs are then naturally lower than the SAD. :smile:
  • amyynewelll
    amyynewelll Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started the 21DSD today too! I coincidentally just got my Forerunner 15 so I can better track my running and daily activity .
  • miriamtob
    miriamtob Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Folks doing this: how was your sugar intake yesterday? Mine was at 37 grams, which is just from one serving of strawberries (11grams) and vegetables, such as peas and Swiss chard. I know fruit should be kept to a minimum, but I think I am just going to focus on not sneaking bits of dark chocolate and resisting convenience foods, like protein bars, also to see how I do without dairy (mainly cheese and yogurt) for the 21 days.
  • homesweeths
    homesweeths Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Mine was 20g yesterday, not doing a challenge, that's just how I eat 5 or 6 days of the week.
  • KombuchaCat
    Options
    miriamtob wrote: »
    Folks doing this: how was your sugar intake yesterday? Mine was at 37 grams, which is just from one serving of strawberries (11grams) and vegetables, such as peas and Swiss chard. I know fruit should be kept to a minimum, but I think I am just going to focus on not sneaking bits of dark chocolate and resisting convenience foods, like protein bars, also to see how I do without dairy (mainly cheese and yogurt) for the 21 days.

I think this is a good strategy for you, especially since you made a kind of last minute decision about doing it. I should have asked everyone earlier, my MFP friend and I who decided to give this program a try decided at least 2 weeks before so we had adequate time to prepare both mentally and shopping wise. Plus it is the beginning of summer so if you want to keep eating the seasonal berries I personally don't see that as being a problem. My sugar yesterday was 41 g which included one green tipped banana, whatever lactose was in the dairy in my quiche and veggies. I think likely my fructose was fine. 21 DSD is more about getting yourself off the sugary flavors than counting the grams of sugar you eat so I'm guessing that since it includes fruit and I'm not doing the level that limits dairy my actual sugar intake will be more like low to moderate.
  • homesweeths
    Options
    miriamtob wrote: »

I think this is a good strategy for you, especially since you made a kind of last minute decision about doing it. I should have asked everyone earlier, my MFP friend and I who decided to give this program a try decided at least 2 weeks before so we had adequate time to prepare both mentally and shopping wise. Plus it is the beginning of summer so if you want to keep eating the seasonal berries I personally don't see that as being a problem. My sugar yesterday was 41 g which included one green tipped banana, whatever lactose was in the dairy in my quiche and veggies. I think likely my fructose was fine. 21 DSD is more about getting yourself off the sugary flavors than counting the grams of sugar you eat so I'm guessing that since it includes fruit and I'm not doing the level that limits dairy my actual sugar intake will be more like low to moderate.

So true! Your tastes change. At least mine have. When I first started doing this, I had to add some raw honey to my coconut oil-shredded coconut-carob or raw cacao fat bombs. Now they're just right with no added honey at all.
  • miriamtob
    edited June 2015
    Options
    @homesweets, I just want to say thank you. You inspired me to make fat bombs for the first time without any sweeteners added and they came out so good. The coconut butter and almond flour gave them a slight sweetness, but only 2g of sugar is much better than the maple syrup flavored ones I was making. The green ones are rolled in moringa powder, the others are rolled in sea buckthorn berry and hawthorn berry powder. Oh, and there are a few that my hubby rolled in granola bc he wanted cookies. wa0let34f9xg.jpg
  • homesweeths
    Options
    You're welcome!
  • miriamtob
    Options
    One more week of this no sugar thing. I'm starting to dream of what I'm going to eat next week: chocolate and maybe a cupcake.
  • KombuchaCat
    Options
    Those fat bombs look AMAZING! What flavors are they? Home stretch now...