June Challenge

Options
retirehappy
retirehappy Posts: 4,754 Member
How will you challenge yourself this month?

Replies

• sharondtd
    sharondtd Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    You're on the ball this month!
    How about if I get into a regimen of doing light dumbells and ankle weights every other day, and increase protein to accommodate. Rest day, usually Sunday, promised, and keep up the 5 miles of steps per day.
    Sharon
  • jeanmrob
    jeanmrob Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Having been away last month I feel I need to get back to a challenge so .....

I will go back to Zumba each week
    I will maintain my 10,000steps every day
    I will drink more water
    Jean
  • vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    My June challenge will be to end the month weighing 129 - the same weight I am today.

I reached my goal weight yesterday and have started maintenance. I have added 100 calories a day to see how it goes.

Wish me luck.
  • retiredholly54
    retiredholly54 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Have been away too long - so going to do the 30 day Walk Challenge I saw via Leslie S.
  • sharondtd
    Options
    Vicky, congratulations! Here is your confetti celebration for your achievement!
    ☆°`'^**!*÷*'°☆¤`
  • sharondtd
    Options
    Welcome back, Holly!
  • retirehappy
    Options
    My June challenge will be to end the month weighing 129 - the same weight I am today.

I reached my goal weight yesterday and have started maintenance. I have added 100 calories a day to see how it goes.

Wish me luck.

Congrats on reaching your goal.
    starburst_multicolor.gifstarburst_multicolor.gifstarburst_multicolor.gif
  • retirehappy
    Options
    My challenge for June is:

Ride my bike a minimum of 2x a week. I joined the National Bike Challenge so this is my minimum I want to do more.

Eat more slowly, I am aiming to make my meals last 20 mins. I developed the habit of bolting down my food while working at my desk at work, my husband pointed out recently I don't have to do that. If we eat out I am fine but for at home meals, I just eat them so fast I have to think about what I just ate. Not going to do that anymore.

Workout on the weight machines 2X a week. I have my trainer's instructions, just have to fit that into my fitness routine now.

Go hiking at least 3x this month, snow should be melted enough places to do this now. By hiking I mean in the high country on forest/park trails, this is in addition to my normal walks locally.

Find my clothes that fit right and put them in my closet, sort out the too large stuff and either donate or toss out as appropriate. Not going to need 16s ever again. My birthday is next month, I plan to give myself some new things and I will need the extra space for those :)
  • mamamiau
    mamamiau Posts: 36 Member
    Options

Wish me luck.

How exciting! Best of luck to you.
  • bvifun
    bvifun Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I reached my goal weight yesterday.

Congratulations Vicky. Welcome to the maintenance club. :star::star::star:

@retirehappy I did the slow down a couple of months ago and it is the one habit change that has stuck! Good luck!
    Here is the poster I still have in several places around the house.
    oytqv9dp1v9s.jpg

My challenges this month are the same as last month. Still perfecting....likely forever.

1. Stay in my maintenance range of 137-140.
    2. Planks or railing push-ups.
    3. An extra 200 steps per day. 3 times around the outside of my house is about 250.

Good luck to you all in your challenges.

Wanda :heart:
  • DreamOn145
    DreamOn145 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    OK, I guess it took a day to actually do battle with something inside myself to accomplish this, but it was the first time I actually completed my food charting for the day in I don't know when. And it made me realize how many little steps there actually are to it, i.e. measuring and weighing, both with cooking and eating, and remembering THAT is the part I actually hate lol. Anyway, I have done the little battle with myself and made my decision.

June Goals

1) Lose at least 3 lbs
    2) Record my food intake for 30 days in a row.

I am going to continue exercising, but right now this is such a huge deal for me I am going to focus just on this.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Wanda thanks for the meme, I am printing it off and posting it near the table so I can see it daily. Good luck with those planks/pushups. I am sure you can conquer the 200 extra steps, now that you know how few those really are. Just leave things in inconvenient places and you'll have it nailed, LOL.
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    1. Lose two pounds. Hit 143. Starting at 145.
    2. Do dumbbells twice a week.
    3. Do tai chi. 4 times a week.
    4. Get back to commenting better on the news feed with friends. I have become very lackadaisical opening diaries and commenting consistently.
    5. Enjoy family vacation, but be mindful while eating. There will be snacks and alcohol. Leave room for them!
    6. Keep at least to maintenance calories while on vacation.
  • freewolf49
    freewolf49 Posts: 8 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    sharondtd wrote: »
    Vicky, congratulations! Here is your confetti celebration for your achievement!
    ☆°`'^**!*÷*'°☆¤`

• DreamOn145
    DreamOn145 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Vicky I forgot to congratulate you but better late than never! Reaching your goal is absolutely awesome! I even feel pretty darn good when I reach a monthly goal, and I can't imagine reaching my weight goal (ok, thats not quite true, I imagine it all the time. I'm just not there lol)