2»

Replies

• Carrieendar
    Carrieendar Posts: 493 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    CarsonRuns wrote: »
    You certainly are not sane. I would like to point out one issue though. You are not running two marathons in two days as you subject states. A marathon is 26.2 miles. You are running a HM plus a smidge and an marathon.

Best of luck on your endeavor.

Yea I think I made it pretty clear in my comment what I was running, The subject was a catch phase to gather attention, If I mislead you I apologize hopefully nobody else is confused.
    " Running 2 marathons in 2 days" or " running a HM plus a smidge and an marathon. "

Thanks for encouragement

It's not that it's confusing. It's just not what you are doing, regardless of your intent. A marathon only covers one distance, period. Calling any other race distance a marathon is an untruth. Some people, myself including, think that is a pretty important distinction and make sure that it's clear every chance we have.

But, I digress. I don't want to take away any more from the enormity of what you are doing. Kudos to you.

Omg. Get over yourself dude.

To the OP: I think this might make you superman. Lol. I'd love to follow your adventure, and hear about your training!

When you've been in the run game long enough, the whole "mini marathon" "5k marathon" thing begins to grind on the nerves a little. I personally don't get it. Measurements are measurements. Mini burgers-OK. Mini cars. Yes, understandable.
    13.1 miles = mini 26.2 miles, no. Just no.

I think that's all he meant ;)
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    You certainly are not sane. I would like to point out one issue though. You are not running two marathons in two days as you subject states. A marathon is 26.2 miles. You are running a HM plus a smidge and an marathon.

Yea I think I made it pretty clear in my comment what I was running, The subject was a catch phase to gather attention, If I mislead you I apologize hopefully nobody else is confused.
    " Running 2 marathons in 2 days" or " running a HM plus a smidge and an marathon. "

Thanks for encouragement

It's not that it's confusing. It's just not what you are doing, regardless of your intent. A marathon only covers one distance, period. Calling any other race distance a marathon is an untruth. Some people, myself including, think that is a pretty important distinction and make sure that it's clear every chance we have.

But, I digress. I don't want to take away any more from the enormity of what you are doing. Kudos to you.

To the OP: I think this might make you superman. Lol. I'd love to follow your adventure, and hear about your training!

When you've been in the run game long enough, the whole "mini marathon" "5k marathon" thing begins to grind on the nerves a little. I personally don't get it. Measurements are measurements. Mini burgers-OK. Mini cars. Yes, understandable.

I've been in the "run game" for 10+ years. Dude in the original quote above is just being egotistical.

• Carrieendar
    Carrieendar Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    If I stated that I ran a marathon and it was a half, I'd be totally cool with someone putting that right. Meh, just me I guess.
  • michellemybelll
    Options
    If I stated that I ran a marathon and it was a half, I'd be totally cool with someone putting that right. Meh, just me I guess.

Yep. Guess so.
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options

Thanks for encouragement

I've been in the "run game" for 10+ years. Dude in the original quote above is just being egotistical.

Egotistical? That's funny. Have you ever read any other post of mine? Egotistical is about the polar opposite of who I am.

The subject was misleading. I pointed it out. I explained why. I tried to educate without being condescending and I'm sure I accomplished that.

Feel free to provide feedback on how I could have done this better.
  • carriekwi
    carriekwi Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    OP you are a bold soul! FR sent!
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a great challenge. Enjoy your two day ultra!
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options

Thanks for encouragement

Egotistical? That's funny. Have you ever read any other post of mine? Egotistical is about the polar opposite of who I am.

The subject was misleading. I pointed it out. I explained why. I tried to educate without being condescending and I'm sure I accomplished that.

Feel free to provide feedback on how I could have done this better.

I do not know CarsonRuns or the OP so my perspective is as a disinterested party.

CarsonRuns I thought was being fair. The term "marathon" is a specific measurement, 26.2 miles, two marathons would be 52.4 not 39.3.

I don't think he was trying to intimate that the OP is somehow less of a runner than him. In fact, he made it a point to tip his hat for the effort at the end of the comment.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
  • PavementRunner
    PavementRunner Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    OP said he was running 2 marathons in 2 days. He isn't. Carson pointed that out (pretty nicely too) and then gets dumped on for doing so. I'm a little confused by that.

Personally, I don't understand why OP didn't just say in subject "Running Pikes Peak Double"? That would have piqued my interest just as much or more than the current title. What we're making clickbait headlines for sub-forums of forums for fitness apps now?
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    I think 64K is more appropriate, but I actually am just an arsehole. :tongue:
  • DavidMartinez2
    DavidMartinez2 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I've run 2 marathons in 2 days on multiple occasions. What the OP is doing is not the same thing.
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I am starting to think you are all jerks, each and every one!
    Ha
    But I still hope the OP enjoys his races and does well.
  • michellemybelll
    Options
    tufel wrote: »
    I am starting to think you are all jerks, each and every one!
    Ha
    But I still hope the OP enjoys his races and does well.

Lol
  • JustWant2Run
    JustWant2Run Posts: 286 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    "The subject was a catch phase to gather attention" ...

Well done OP, we all know that you like to get attention by saying things that aren't true. Just another day in MFP's forums. :D
This discussion has been closed.