GOALS -- Shoot for the Moon in JUNE!

Options
TravelsWithHuckleberry
TravelsWithHuckleberry Posts: 955 Member
edited May 2015 in Social Groups
Time to set some June goals! What do you want to accomplish this month? Aim high!

Torroella-moon.gif

Replies

• TravelsWithHuckleberry
    Options
    I'm carrying my goals over from May:

OVERALL GOAL: Lose at least 6 lbs.

SUB-GOALS / ROAD MAP:
    - Do a Headspace meditation daily.
    - Write Morning Pages.
    - Lift 3x / week.
    - Hike / walk with Huck at least 3x / week.
    - Prepare meals / eat at home.
    - Concentrate on getting 8+ glasses of water daily.
    - Avoid soda.
  • Autumnfilly2005
    Autumnfilly2005 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I've been absent from here for a while, so my goals are pretty simple:
    1. Start SL again
    2. Do weights 2x/week

At least I kept up with the running, so I'm also running 3x a week, now working on a 10k program since I graduated c25k a week ago.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    - squat: maintain @90, try for 105. incorporate front/sumo/goblet squats as accessories.
    - bench: maintain @75, try for 80 or 85. keep bench even with or lower than rows.
    - ohp: maintain @50, try for 55. keep doing the lighter-weight accessory sets on workout-a days.
    - rows: maintain @70, try for 80, most of all keep rows even with or heavier than bench press. lighter weight sets as accessory on workout-b days.
    - deadlift: 135lb.

weight goal: 135lb.

• mirrim52
    mirrim52 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Lose 3-4 lbs.
    Increase all lifts by at least 1 increment.

Try not to get impatient with my weight loss! The closer to my goal I get, the more impatient I get. I can't let unhealthy thoughts get in my head, as I had an ED when I was younger. I know summer is coming up, but it isn't a race to the finish line. I really think these last 10-15 lbs are going to make a big difference in my appearance, so I am trying not to get discouraged.
  • Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    My goals are:
    -Get back under 130 lbs (damn vacation!)
    -Drink more water & less coffee
    -Keep doing SL 3x/wk (this will be hard with work)
    -hit 180lbs for DL
  • krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Um...

1- Don't break anything next Saturday (I have a good track record so far this year? lol)
    2- After that, diet down for my trip to go see my wife. No numbers, just, I really gotta clean up my act because I want to be an inspiration and right now I inspire myself fluffiness so that's not good xD
    3- Restore my sleep schedule and to-do-lists and the stuff that made me productive because I HAVE BEEN SUCKED INTO READING FANFICTION AGAIN WTF?! (When did I turn back to being 21, eh? EH?!)
    4- Heavy focus on bodyweight and mobility work so I can be a supple leopard (I actually have the book. 2nd edition. If anyone would like tidbits i'd be willing to share ;))
  • MalineVD
    MalineVD Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    1) Keep up with SL 3x/week
    2) Try to incorporate swimming and running at least once a week
    3) MORE WATER, it's like one of my biggest struggles.
    4) Lose around 5lbs (more would be nice, but I haven't been losing for months, so yeah..)
    5) Finally start on getting my drivers license! I'm 26 and still don't have it!
  • giusa
    giusa Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    June Goal:

-Lose weight!

Still struggling with weight…my entire focus this month! Time to make a doct apt :'(
  • katro111
    katro111 Posts: 632 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    The scale never seems to tell me anything I want to hear so I'm going to stay off it lol. Even when I lose inches and am supposedly eating at a defecit, it says the same weight. I've done some awesome strength increases over the past couple months while not really focusing on my diet and not really logging very tightly (btw where does that stupid shame come from if I eat more than my MFP goal, I mean really?! I'm an adult. If I want to eat more than my TDEE than I damn well can. And I can do it with cake.). Anyway, so no scale goals. Screw it.

Sooooo, dem goalz:

- Lose INCHES (0.5in from my chest and 0.5in from my waist)
    - Hit my Basis Peak habits (2k steps before noon, 3k steps after 5pm, 10k steps for the whole day, don't sit for more than 1.5hours at a time) at least 5 days a week
    - Go out to eat less. Save those $$$$$!!
    - My May TDEE average was 3000 cals/day so I'm going to put my daily inhalation goal at 2500 cals. :)
  • indianarose2
    indianarose2 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    1. Read Starting strength and start polishing up my form. Deload where necessary to do so. (Hopefully not at all)
    2. Incorporate more accessory work such as single leg lifts/squats, planks, hangs, pullups and walk a mile after lifting
    3. Increase jog time to 30 minutes and then start increasing pace (no specific pace yet)
    4. Meet my macro goals
    5. Keep losing. (3# &/or 3" - Still no shorts)
    6. 5 minute meditation (come on, I can do this!)
  • dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Hi there. This couldn't have come at a better time since I have a family reunion in early August.
    My goals for the month are:

-measure myself,
    -stay within my macros,
    -drink more water,
    -increase veggie intake
    -keep at SL (will have to deload this week)
    -lose 5 lbs. (or inches) by July
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    MalineVD wrote: »

so you know . . . i got into my 30's without learning to drive. and when i did, i was already a veryvery single parent, so i basically learned by repeatedly failing the test until i didn't fail on about the 6th try. 15+ years and no my-fault accidents yet.

(touch wood) also, just fyi my son still hasn't learned and he's almost your age. a LOT of people in his generation have never bothered to learn around here. personally, i really like it as a mental/cultural shift.
  • craftymommy
    craftymommy Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    - keep going with SL, just finishing up week 4
    - Add in some form of cardio (I don't know what I will do for this yet so this will be trial and error figuring out what works for me; I've never been a big fan of cardio)
    - Go back to calorie counting and actually weigh my food (bought a food scale last night that will arrive next week)
  • andylllI
    andylllI Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    These are mine:
    Quit weighing daily it's messing with my head
    Strength train 2 sessions a week - up to three once home gym arrives in a couple weeks (yay!)
    - work pull-ups back up to 3
    Remember to bring my friggin reusable coffee cup to work and my water bottle
    A perfect record regarding bike commuting
    Consume 8 servings of fruits and veggies daily
    I'm going to put a bikini on my perfectly-right-now-bikini-ready-body and rock it - squishy tum be damned.

I'm just getting back into lifting after a post surgical hiatus. I feel pretty weak and I'm not ready to set lifting goals because I'm not sure how quickly it's going to come back
  • mirrim52
    mirrim52 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    MalineVD wrote: »

so you know . . . i got into my 30's without learning to drive. and when i did, i was already a veryvery single parent, so i basically learned by repeatedly failing the test until i didn't fail on about the 6th try. 15+ years and no my-fault accidents yet.

(touch wood) also, just fyi my son still hasn't learned and he's almost your age. a LOT of people in his generation have never bothered to learn around here. personally, i really like it as a mental/cultural shift.

My husband just got his learners permit at 38 :p. He had it at 19, but just let it expire, then hasn't bothered since. I finally made him since our daughter is getting older and I work shifts so things like lessons, birthday parties, etc are getting difficult with only me driving.
  • indianarose2
    indianarose2 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    andylllI wrote: »

I'm just getting back into lifting after a post surgical hiatus. I feel pretty weak and I'm not ready to set lifting goals because I'm not sure how quickly it's going to come back

Yea! Welcome back!

• DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Some great looking goals for June. Everyone is all geared up and ready to go. Here is my list and we'll see how I can plough through it pending work schedule, etc.

1. Weigh 150 - Ended month around 154/155, but 150 is where I can say I'm overweight instead of obese.
    2. Unpack, clean and organize new apartment. So much stuff...
    3. Edit novel and submit to agents.
    4. Jog in 5k and maybe start 10k training so August 5k is easier.
    5. Get through stage 5 in NROLFW and start stage 7 (last one cause skipping option stage 6).
    6. Look into next tech training session, start studying and approach manager about it.

Thank that's about it for June. I'm getting antsy on the lifting program, so it's getting a little harder to make my way through but stage 5 is only 8 workouts. Plus I get to do db snatch again and those were kinda fun. I should also work on my deadlift and maybe look into finding a closer gym cause new apartment is much further away so long drives at 1 am aren't appealing. Problem is, most of the ones closer are tiny, with much less equipment but similar price range. One didn't have a squat rack. Will have to see how things go.

As for some topics posted in here... Driving: I started driving at 15 (learner's permit) but in small town wyoming it kind of helps to drive to get anywhere. Lived a few miles out of town and sure we had school buses but that's about it. Where I live now, people can rely on public transportation a lot more. Though I still don't like that I can't pump my own gas for my car cause I'm so used to doing it myself.

@andylllI - Nice approach with the bikini. I haven't worn a swim suit in years because it was so hard to find one my size that fit right. Even plus size I had issues like the chest part being too small. *grumbles* Maybe next summer I'll adopt the same thoughts you have and get one. :smile:
  • andylllI
    andylllI Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    @DawnEmbers I still have all my bikinis from pre baby days as well as two I bought as motivation when I came back to training and trying to improve my nutrition. The two new ones have Hawaiian/ Brazilian style bottoms (GASP) which may not go over well here in the great north. i must have a shopping problem, that could be a goal for July, though. I think I might cheat and get a pale spray tan first.
  • ohiotubagal
    ohiotubagal Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Excited for June!

1. Lose 4 pounds
    2. Lose 0.5 inches from waist
    3. Lift 3x per week/run 2x per week OR Lift 2x per week/run 3x per week (alternate)
  • TravelsWithHuckleberry
    edited June 2015
    Options
    giusa wrote: »
    June Goal:

-Lose weight!

Still struggling with weight…my entire focus this month! Time to make a doct apt :'(

Guisa, I know that personally, I need a more specific goal than this when I've hit a rut in my losses. "Lose weight" is just too broad. I mean, you could cut off your arm and technically reach this goal, but I don't think that's what you want. :)

Maybe think about the things that you're struggling with right now. Are you logging your food accurately and consistently? If not, maybe that's your goal. If you are logging, take a look at your past diaries and see if you're over your calorie range more days than not. If you are, maybe that's your goal. Are you exercising / lifting regularly? If not, maybe that's your goal. All of these will help with your overall goal of "lose weight" but are so much more manageable and trackable, you know?

Just some thoughts. xo