Evening Pre-workout Snacks?

Options
dinoburgerzz
dinoburgerzz Posts: 5 Member
I am interesting in learning how to balance out my food so I have enough energy at the end of the day. Due to my working schedule, the only time I can work out is in the evening. I am very tired and hungry at this point, but I can't seem to find a way to fit in a proper snack before a workout. I need to eat something in the morning to have enough energy to make it through the day (I teach kindergarten), but I find that if I eat breakfast, I spend all my calories early and don't have any wiggle room for the end of the day (both pre- and post- workout). However, if I skip breakfast, I can't keep up with my students! So, long story short, what are people people eating to boost energy for a late workout?

Replies

• ANSL_Mom
    ANSL_Mom Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    A slice or 2 of sprouted grain toast with butter, avocado and tomato salad or half a small apple with a little peanut or almond butter.
  • chersgurl902
    chersgurl902 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Two brown rice cakes with almond butter or a handful of almonds
  • NezyRumRunner
    NezyRumRunner Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    oooh! I had forgotten about rice cakes and almond butter! what a great little treat!
    thats why i love peeking through the posts....
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,526 Member
    Options
    That is what makes being smaller tough! I don't do well without breakfast, either. Our total calorie goals have to spread across the entire day. So, to make it work for me I eat a small breakfast (200-250 calories) and lunch (300 calories). Then I have room for a granola bar (150-200 cals) before I run. This keeps me from crashing at the end of the run.

If I stick to the above plan, then I have enough calories for a moderate dinner. And then, because I have had a run and can eat those calories, I can usually fit a treat, or seconds at dinner, or a glass of wine.

You have to eat very carefully and plan ahead!
  • dinoburgerzz
    dinoburgerzz Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!