Favourite breakfast/lunch/dinner recipes with high fat

samko1976
samko1976 Posts: 125 Member
edited June 2015 in Social Groups
I would really like to hear your favourite recipes with a high percentage of fat. I have just changed my macros so that I have to have at least 200g of fat a day.

Could you share any high content recipes for main courses. - fat bombs don't really do it for me!

(TMI but need your recipes that help you poop due to the amount of fat including, if possible, a natural laxative if possible eg aubergine/eggplant in them! :blush: )
Ideally above about 50g fat in your recipe.

eg. I have a MOUSSAKA recipe
MAKES 6 SERVINGS ( I USUALLY MAKE FOR 3)
1.00 egg, Large Egg
7.50 Tablespoon, Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3.00 clove(s), Garlic - Raw
1.00 tsp, Italian Seasoning
1.00 tsp(s), Spices - Salt, table
0.06 tsp(s), Spices - Nutmeg, ground
1000.00 g, Lamb Mince
20.00 g, Trimmed Spring Onion (roughly 2)
100.00 g, Mascarpone or ricotta
100.00 g, Passata (D)
600.00 g(s), Aubergine/eggplant (roughly 2-3)
130.00 gram, Fennel (can substitute for leeks or celery)
15.00 g, Italian Tomato Puree
60.00 g(s), Cheese - Cheddar

The method is here http://low-carb-support.com/low-carb-moussaka-2g-net-carbs-per-100g/ but I adapted it to reduce carbs further and increase fat.
Nutrition Facts
Servings 6.0
Amount Per Serving
calories 755
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 62 g
Net carbs 6 g
Protein 42 g

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,103 Member
    edited June 2015
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/KnitOrMiss/view/copycat-olive-garden-zuppa-toscana-soup-recipe-739915

I like this one, and you can always up the butter and cream. I tripled the sausage to give it more bulk and bring the cost serving price down...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/KnitOrMiss/view/my-loaded-tea-746518

And this is another favorite - Any variation of this can help with fluid intake, fat consumption, and cravings distractions...

Add butter, sour cream, or cheese to everything (if you're dairy okay)... Avocados are the bomb. Special sauce like mayo mixed with ketchup and mustard I love on burgers. If you're using anything that calls for oil, simmer some bacon bits to cook them down, then use that instead. Amps up the flavor in everything... Make a large batch of taco meat then serve with sour cream stirred in, topped with cheese and diced avocado...

Last night I just tossed cheese in a pan to brown in and put some meat on top...the browned crispy cheese was amazing!!

And homemade alfredo sauce on, well, anything you like!
  • samko1976
    Thankyou @KnitOrMiss I already do your loaded tea and can highly recommend it to everyone. I add vanilla to mine :smile: and use a stick blender so it is all frothy.
  • KnitOrMiss
    samko1976 wrote: »
    Thankyou @KnitOrMiss I already do your loaded tea and can highly recommend it to everyone. I add vanilla to mine :smile: and use a stick blender so it is all frothy.

You can always add extra coconut oil. I get 2 TBSP or more sometimes in there. I even tried adding Kerrygold grassfed butter this morning...

I'm glad you like it!
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    The Launch Pad has listings for favorite recipe sites, favorite recipes by other people, and favorite own recipes. The links can be found there -- http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10103966/start-here-the-lcd-launch-pad
  • samko1976
    Thanks for the link @Dragonwolf http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10044905/share-your-original-recipes
    This is useful.
    I wouldn't mind a few more favourites that don't just concentrate on low carb but have a high fat content.
  • KnitOrMiss
    I like snacks/meals like pepperoni, sharp cheddar, and dill pickles - yes, together.

Any tuna salad/deviled egg product will by high fat if you use mayo.

I haven't tried scotch eggs yet, but I'm drooling to do so (hard boiled eggs wrapped in sausage (with or without bacon around it)) and baked....

And for high fat goodness, any version of cheesecake is awesome.

Dragonwolf made some awesome meatballs stuffed with cream cheese and hard cheese not long ago (in that recipe link)...

I like my Jello Fat Bombs for a snack/yogurt-y type meal/snack...

Cream cheese stuffed mushrooms....

I dunno what you're really looking for here, as high fat percentage foods are many!

Macadamia nuts are a good one.
  • samko1976
    Thank you @knitormiss I think what I was looking for is actual main meals to look forward to during the day or even in the morning with enough fat to encourage digestion. I think what I have to do is scour those websites and use pinterest to organise them. :smile: Thanks for all the suggestions.
  • KnitOrMiss
    My breakfast is usually my tea.

Lunch is leftovers or whatever. I'm pretty boring these days

My favorite dinners:
    Taco salad (without shell)
    Roast with butter/pan drippings
    bunless burgers (with cheese, and blend of mayo/mustard and sometimes with ketchup)
    Rotisserie chicken dipped in butter
    Chicken Caesar Salad (without croutons - can add almonds or similar for crunch)
    Meatloaf or meatballs
    Crustless pizza

Sides if I bother:
    broccoli with cheese and butter
    Roasted Asparagus
    Green Beans with bacon bits, almonds, and butter
    Salad with lots of cheese and dressing
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    samko1976 wrote: »
    I would really like to hear your favourite recipes with a high percentage of fat. I have just changed my macros so that I have to have at least 200g of fat a day.

Could you share any high content recipes for main courses. - fat bombs don't really do it for me!

(TMI but need your recipes that help you poop due to the amount of fat including, if possible, a natural laxative if possible eg aubergine/eggplant in them! :blush: )
    Ideally above about 50g fat in your recipe.

eg. I have a MOUSSAKA recipe
    MAKES 6 SERVINGS ( I USUALLY MAKE FOR 3)
    1.00 egg, Large Egg
    7.50 Tablespoon, Extra Virgin Olive Oil
    3.00 clove(s), Garlic - Raw
    1.00 tsp, Italian Seasoning
    1.00 tsp(s), Spices - Salt, table
    0.06 tsp(s), Spices - Nutmeg, ground
    1000.00 g, Lamb Mince
    20.00 g, Trimmed Spring Onion (roughly 2)
    100.00 g, Mascarpone or ricotta
    100.00 g, Passata (D)
    600.00 g(s), Aubergine/eggplant (roughly 2-3)
    130.00 gram, Fennel (can substitute for leeks or celery)
    15.00 g, Italian Tomato Puree
    60.00 g(s), Cheese - Cheddar

The method is here http://low-carb-support.com/low-carb-moussaka-2g-net-carbs-per-100g/ but I adapted it to reduce carbs further and increase fat.
    Nutrition Facts
    Servings 6.0
    Amount Per Serving
    calories 755
    % Daily Value *
    Total Fat 62 g
    Net carbs 6 g
    Protein 42 g

Oh wow, moussaka, I haven't had that in ages - will give your recipe a try, thanks for this!

Breakfast: cream with coffee, 2 eggs cooked in butter (as much as you like, I guess), tomatoes, Greek yogurt, half an avocado. 46 grams with my products, the way I do it, but you could add butter.
  • bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    I haven't tried scotch eggs yet, but I'm drooling to do so (hard boiled eggs wrapped in sausage (with or without bacon around it)) and baked....

Scotch eggs FTW!!

PRO TIP: If you under-cook the eggs slightly, the yolks will come out runny when you cook them in their sausage cases. :) Also, don't use super-fresh eggs as they are harder to peel.
  • KnitOrMiss
    bluefish86 wrote: »

Scotch eggs FTW!!

PRO TIP: If you under-cook the eggs slightly, the yolks will come out runny when you cook them in their sausage cases. :) Also, don't use super-fresh eggs as they are harder to peel.

Yeah, I was looking at two different recipes. The IBreatheI'mHungry one has soft yolks, and the CavemanKeto one has hard yolks wrapped in bacon after the sausage. Was going to compare notes on the two this weekend. LOL
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Oh man, I'm having scotch eggs STAT.
  • samko1976
    Scotch eggs sounds divine-maybe this weekend
  • AngInCanada
    AngInCanada Posts: 947 Member
    bluefish86 wrote: »

Scotch eggs FTW!!

We hardboil eggs that are hours old (from our chickens) and the trick is to poke a hole with a pin in the end of the egg JUST enough to penetrate the shell. Place the egg in BOILING water and simmer for 15 mins. Then plunge in ice water. Easy to peel.
  • AngInCanada
    AngInCanada Posts: 947 Member
    For breakfast I have a hard time with fat. It makes me nauseated. Right I'm doing a flax muffin with "jam"

Lunch is usually taco salad without the shell, leftovers from dinners, eggs fried in butter or today I had pork rind nachos

Dinner is always meat or eggs and a veg. Tonight we had omelettes stuffed with cheese, mushrooms, red pepper and onion.

For snacks I like keto mousse, whipping cream blended with frozen blueberries, pepperoni, cheese, or little sandwiches made with pepperoni slices cheese and pickles. Mmmmm. If my fat is low for the day which is rare, I have been known to eat a tablespoon of butter and it tastes amazing. Hehe.