how often do you weigh?

Options
RLDeShazo
RLDeShazo Posts: 356 Member
Just curious. Right now, I am officially weighing once a week until I know I am back on track. Then it will go up to once a month. I have too much daily fluctuations to do it every day. Although last week I was retaining some water and weighed a couple times a day out of curiosity.

How often do you weigh?

Replies

• Miss_Mania
    Miss_Mania Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday I find it keeps me better accountable. I can have my energy instantly charged by the scale going down or instantly motivated to keep my diet strict and workout a bit harder if there hasn't been much of a change.
  • ScrAgnX
    ScrAgnX Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week as a general rule. If my weekly reading isn't what I'm expecting; I'll weigh again 1-3 days later, then get back on my Thursday schedule.

Typically my fluxuations (large ones that disturb my weekly readings) are either I haven't been drinking water (and if I drink more water the next few days I drop back down), or I'm not empty when I weigh (weighed after eating, before restroom, after drinking water, etc.).

I think sometimes my scale is affected by the barometer, but I haven't tested this theory. It just seems like when poor weather is moving in/present that the weight goes up.
  • HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I admit i probably step on my scale sometime daily but i only count saturday mornings as my official number and i do not beat myself up when i have a higher day as i know my weight is going down
  • Ginnaye2014
    Ginnaye2014 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I would like to one a week but don't have a scale, I weighed in at the drs the weeks ago Thursday. I would like to go and weigh in again. But pants that didn't for are now!
  • Ginnaye2014
    Ginnaye2014 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Fit, not for
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    MimiOfTheLusciousLawn Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    When I started, it was every 2 weeks... until I had a major slow down. Since then, I've gone to weekly just to keep better tabs and catch problems sooner if they occur. I am fortunate in that I don't have a scale at home, we go to my daughters job after hours and use theirs! If I had a scale at home, I'd be on it every day and that would make me crazy.
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself almost daily. I like seeing the number and trends, and I know that my weight fluctuates a lot within the week. Seeing the gradual trend down is motivating for me!
  • farrar8217
    farrar8217 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every couple of days, but I only count it for weight loss on Monday mornings. That way I understand that water weight can dramatically fluctuate with me. A couple of pounds gain because I drank a ton of water can really discourage me, so I only write my weight down on Mondays.
  • forgivensins
    forgivensins Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm weighing every morning but I need to stop since I haven't been able to break out of the same 5lb range for a few weeks and it's driving me insane.
  • Charles1964
    Charles1964 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I've been checking it once a week.I'm going to start weighing in on the 1st of the month.