4 weeks post op

Options
81smom
81smom Posts: 4 Member
Hi, in 4 weeks post op & have felt amazing until recently. I feel lots of fullness in my chest & get full so quickly. Bad part is.... I don't eat very much and I'm getting really light headed. Any advice??? I appreciate any help.

Replies

• ac7nj
    ac7nj Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    81smom wrote: »
    Hi, in 4 weeks post op & have felt amazing until recently. I feel lots of fullness in my chest & get full so quickly. Bad part is.... I don't eat very much and I'm getting really light headed. Any advice??? I appreciate any help.

The most common cause is not getting enough water

Randy (registered nurse)
  • BEENVSGD
    BEENVSGD Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am going into my 4th week and feel the chest pressure and thought it was acid. I stated taking the medicine my surgeon gave me and it has helped.
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    It's hard to eat that first couple of months. Make protein a priority and eat smaller meals more often. My program has us start out with protein shakes during the "all liquids" phase and then gradually replace them with solid food. 3-4 weeks of "thin liquids", 3-4 of mushiness and then you get to gradually go more solid.

I am guessing you have a similar schedule as that's what the majority do. With that kind of schedule, at 4 weeks out, eating is just for practice and a mental break from shakes. Most people can't actually get all their calories from food and can only tolerate mushy food in very small quantities at this point. I couldn't eat what I would be willing to call a "meal" until 3 months out actually.

Actually I'm 6.5 years out and I still have a protein shake for breakfast most days. So I never did replace that last shake with solid food. But my meals are much closer to what "regular" people eat. Nothing like pre-op but I fit right in with the other gals who are a normal weight and "just watching what they eat."