"Moving On UP". Flex to Charge or Charge HR ?

Options
Well we're movin' on up (movin on up)
To the east side (movin on up)
To a deluxe apartment in the sky.
Movin' on up (movin on up)
To the east side (movin on up)
We finally got a piece of the pie.

I go on walks a lot and there's a lot of things to do during the summer (Six Flags and local amusement parks, numerous fairs and picnics) But during winter I will try to work out if I feel both physically and mentally good enough.

I'm leaning towards the HR due to my heart history as a child (heart murmur / hole in heart, basically I was told no major coasters until I got older, but kiddie coasters were okay). Though it has little to no bearing on me now, I still like to keep an eye on it.

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I upgraded from Flex to Charge HR because of the buckle—way more secure than the clasp. And because it comes in purple.
  • glassgallm
    glassgallm Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Love my Charge HR. HR all day=my knowledge of calorie burn all day without wearing an annoying chest strap. And yes, a better buckle.
  • FishyK
    FishyK Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    There's very little difference in price. I don't understand why anyone would buy a Charge instead of a Charge HR.
  • aSearch4Me
    aSearch4Me Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Another vote for the Charge HR. I've also compared my readout when working out to my polar HRM chest strap...and they are pretty consistent. Plus, the traditional watch fastener instead of the post/peg clasp of the Charge is better for me, since I'm a bit accident-prone. lol
  • NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    FishyK wrote: »
    There's very little difference in price. I don't understand why anyone would buy a Charge instead of a Charge HR.

I agree. If money is so tight that the extra $30 is a problem, then going with one of the less expensive Fitbits is probably a better choice. Not only do you get the HR monitoring, but a much better band.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I have the HR and it's awesome. If the price is holding you back, maybe you can find a used one.