New to this group

Options
kia_runs
kia_runs Posts: 77 Member
Hi. I just reset my "pounds lost" since I have gained them all back. This weekend I went shopping and tried on what I thought was my size but nothing fit. I was doing well on a cleanse but dtarting adding things back into my diet and the weight came back. Then I would have some sweets and go over calories not log them but was only fooling myself. I didn't want people to see what I really was eating. I eat for a myriad of emotions. I need some guidance on breaking the cycle. I am a runner and I need to get lean to run faster and hit my goals. I KNOW what to do it's just doing it that is the problem. Thanks for reading. Hope to read some posts and get some inspiration and learn how others are dealing.

Replies

• Roaringgael
    Roaringgael Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting!!!
  • SlyviaStella
    SlyviaStella Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Kia! Same here. I just recently started updated my food logs with the _actual_ food I ate. Do you feel like you are living in parallel - the choices you know are the healthy ones, and the choices you make out of bad habits? That's me, I also used to run about 35 miles/week, but have become an emotional/binge eater over the years. It's like a flip a switch in my head and start eating, even if it's food I don't really like, just to get in that weird zone. Just being accountable for what I am eating, truly accountable, helped me yesterday. I wasn't in the mood to go on the treadmill last night, but after logging in my food (over 1000 calories over!), I decided to just start out walking. I walked three miles, nothing too strenuous, but I definitely felt better after the activity.
    Small steps. I keep telling myself that I didn't gain the weight in just one month, so it'll take more than one month, one 'good day' to see results.

Thanks for sharing. Have a good day!
  • painthersusan
    painthersusan Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    i am a emotional eater and binge eater need motavation
  • tlmeyn
    tlmeyn Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I have been able to (for the most part) control the binge eating since I started on MFP. Since I am also a low carber, I try to keep those days when I "can't" control my emotional eating within the carb limit. and I give myself some planned "free days" like my birthday, or a holiday. Then I am more driven to "deserve" that day.

What I HAVEN'T been able to do is tune into when I am really hungry and when I just "need" to eat. A big pot of tea usually helps me (if I am home) or finding good substitutes for the things I would have normally binged on. (Luckily, some of those things are allowed in my diet, like cheese, so I don't feel as guilty).

And logging EVERYTHING I put in my mouth, even if I am over goal or "being bad". It helps to see it in front of you. I didn't realize that before I started logging, I was eating upwards of 2500-3500 cals a day, sometimes more.

Logging helps to deter sticking things in my mouth when I am cooking, because I have to write it down.
    If you want to see my diary, just add me as a friend. I keep it to friends to keep the "general forum" trolls out of my life.

I don't know. I guess I want to be out of pain more than I want to keep on eating out of control. I feel a little obsessive, but I was already obsessive. I thought about food ALL THE TIME. I still do, but now I think about it in a different way. How I can cook to meet my goals and still taste good? What new things can I find that fit my WOE?

Resisting my husband, who is always trying to tell me "oh you can eat a little of this" is tricky. It can be a little difficult sometimes, but I manage by explaining WHY I can't. I think he is finally getting tired of hearing it :wink:

The worst is when I DON'T plan and I am out and about. Finding things to eat that don't break my goals is really hard here (it like this country is MADE of BREAD) , but I am now treating it like a game, finding new things and getting things "tweaked".

I don't know it this helps you any. I guess listing the reasons you are on this journey, all the things that you want to accomplish with changing the habits. NOT letting food control you. What will happen if you DON'T stick to it? You will be in the same place again ans again. Even little goals are a victory!
  • Roaringgael
    Roaringgael Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Thanks timeyn, I really enjoyed your info. I am much better since coming to MFP - about 2 years ago. Its practicing what's good for me that has helped in the long run I feel better about food over all and this didn't happen overnight. However, where I am at right now, I don't over eat/binge eat at all. I do occasionally eat too much food and feel over full but nothing like in the past. I even have the odd little bit of things I would have stayed away from but that is only when I feel comfortable about it. Sometimes I just don't.
  • HappyGirlHeike
    HappyGirlHeike Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi and thanks for letting me join your group. Is anyone interested in exploring Authentic Happiness and Positive Health? http://positivehealthresearch.org/ Thanks
  • tlmeyn
    tlmeyn Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Thanks @Roaringgael . Just thought it might help her. And me. being open about my experience makes me own it, you know?
    Hi and thanks for letting me join your group. Is anyone interested in exploring Authentic Happiness and Positive Health? http://positivehealthresearch.org/ Thanks

No, but I will now :) thanks