Married at First Sight

2»

Replies

• Tube_socks
    Tube_socks Posts: 808 Member
    I would probably opt to get divorced but keep dating the person. Unless it was a soulmate type of thing we BOTH felt but yeah, that hasn't happened yet.
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    this is a real show? crazy
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Tube_socks wrote: »
    I would probably opt to get divorced but keep dating the person. Unless it was a soulmate type of thing we BOTH felt but yeah, that hasn't happened yet.

So interesting because I was thinking the exact opposite. Why force a divorce at 6 weeks (which I think is an arbitrary timeline just for the purpose of the TV show) if you think the spark is growing? Besides, I don't think most states allow divorce under 6 months so it would probably be legal limbo for a while anyway. Again my thoughts are only based on if things are generally working, not a couple who hate one another...
  • pa_jorg
    draznyth wrote: »

Crazy but totally real! http://www.fyi.tv/shows/married-at-first-sight

• Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Tonight is where they make the decision right?
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    pa_jorg wrote: »

Crazy but totally real! http://www.fyi.tv/shows/married-at-first-sight

lol who the *kitten* gets divorced after a few weeks

they should put couples together and then come back in 1-2 years and see what's up then
  • photo_kyla
    photo_kyla Posts: 322 Member
    edited June 2015
    they should put couples together and then come back in 1-2 years and see what's up then

I think that's a really good idea, or at least give updates at the end of the last show. I mean, it usually takes MONTHS for them to go through all of the footage and put it together into the show on TV today. These couples were married in Dec 2014, so now it's over 6 months later. (They might do this, I won't know until tonight's episode airs.)
  • photo_kyla
    photo_kyla Posts: 322 Member
    BTW, is anybody else getting really frustrated with Davina?
    When it started she was one of my favorites, but it seems like now every time that Sean does something that is outside of her ideal of her fairytale prince, she just throws up her hands and says "why am I even bothering with you?" and doesn't want to accept that he is a normal person who doesn't always do the "perfect" thing. The thing about the promotion last week really bugged me, because if he's been working for that promotion for over two years, that is long before he ever applied for this and when he was in his long-term relationship in New Jersey that he talked about earlier in the show. She wasn't even in the picture then.
  • Tube_socks
    They all annoyed me. I didn't like this season at all.
    I can't believe who stayed married!!

They showed updates of the couples from season 1. I think 6 months later or something.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Davina annoyed me.. then again he was a pushover, but he did keep trying, where she just closed the window and locked it. Ryan and Jess, they were getting on my nerves. Jacqulyn and Ryan oh man.. she sadly reminded me of myself. lol
  • pa_jorg
    photo_kyla wrote: »

Actually, Sean annoyed me much more than she did! He used work as an excuse not to spend time and even waited until the last week to mention a promotion he'd been working toward for years. Yes, her response was curt, but I think her frustration was mostly due to him pulling away and not being honest about why.

Spoiler ... I read on a tabloid site that the other two couples had drug and cheating scandals and broke up anyway. Guess we have to wait for the updates to see if that's true.

• Tube_socks
    It seemed like the guys this season were just not very into it.
    And the gals were just doing it becaushe they're married and felt it had to work.
    Strange.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    I watched the final episode and they showed previews for the 'reunion' show next week....it didn't look good for any of them.

I found Davina and Sean both awful. She's an emotional vampire and he's a little bi*ch.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    The follow up show next week is going to be wow but can't tell how much of it is one couple or all couples the way they edited it.
    I did not like Davina or Sean they both were too weak for eachother.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    I saw the 6 month later episodes last night. Oy vey is all I can say. Ryan is an even bigger piece of work. Disrespectful the $100 bill thing, yet he could call her names? This whole season was all bad. Sean was and still is a whiney b*tch, and Davina, could suck the life out of a rock. Not everything is romance, flowers and lovey all the time. Jaquelyn and Ryan... had hope for them but he is such a mommas boy. Cut the cord already!
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Was my guilty little pleasure!!! I'd love another update on both seasons now actually :) 2 couples from season one had stayed together but one was shaky.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    edited June 2015
    photo_kyla wrote: »
    When it started she was one of my favorites, but it seems like now every time that Sean does something that is outside of her ideal of her fairytale prince, she just throws up her hands and says "why am I even bothering with you?" and doesn't want to accept that he is a normal person who doesn't always do the "perfect" thing. The thing about the promotion last week really bugged me, because if he's been working for that promotion for over two years, that is long before he ever applied for this and when he was in his long-term relationship in New Jersey that he talked about earlier in the show. She wasn't even in the picture then.

Agree 100%. Not that Sean was perfect but it didn't matter what he did she was annoyed. But rolling her eyes at his promotion, wtf? Ask questions, support him, blah blah. It was always all
    About her. Drove me mad.