Rewards for Weight Loss Goals

Options
Fat4Fuel2
Fat4Fuel2 Posts: 280 Member
I've been taking a week to reevaluate my plan to reach my goals, and I have a question I'd love to pole y'all on! Have any of you ever tried giving yourself a reward for reaching a small weight loss goal? If you have, what rewards have you used? Do you find it motivating or helpful? Thanks!

Replies

• SlimBride2Be
    SlimBride2Be Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    7nwma3yuoiyb.jpg

I bought myself this bracelet- can't wait to wear it!
  • wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    No, for me the result is the reward, but I did create sort of a negative incentive. I don't like having a beard. So I grew a beard to remind me to lose weight, and once I reached my goal weight, I'd shave it off.

That goal was a few pounds ago. Now I sort of like the beard. :)
  • Fat4Fuel2
    Options
    wabmester wrote: »
    No, for me the result is the reward, but I did create sort of a negative incentive. I don't like having a beard. So I grew a beard to remind me to lose weight, and once I reached my goal weight, I'd shave it off.

HA! You and my boyfriend. He claims it kept his face warm in the winter... now he just likes it.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I don't have the luxury of spending even something small, but I think my reward for staying on track, even if I'm not hitting random goals, is that I'm finally prioritizing me. I'd love to get a pedicure or a hair cut or something, but there's no budget. But some decent small chocolate squares? Yeah, I can do that. LOL Getting my favorite kind of cheese before my guy's since I've put myself on the back burner so long? I still make sure he gets what he needs, but wants are his job... So, I guess my reward is that I'm allowing myself to be a little selfish.
  • AngInCanada
    AngInCanada Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Made it a month spot on so bought myself a new pair of jeans a size smaller and a lululemon shirt that fit (nothing would fit before). :) Bought them second hand because there's no way I can afford brand new.

Onederland I'm going for a mani pedi

Goal I'm going for hair transformation and new clothes :)
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    A day set aside with a good friend for a hike :D Just the act of setting it up as a special event makes it better than a solo hike
  • annalisbeth74
    annalisbeth74 Posts: 328 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Years ago when I was on WW I used to buy myself a clothing gift card for every 10 lbs lost, so whenever I made goal I could buy a new wardrobe. Of course, I never made it to goal, so I don't know what I used them for. Thinking about doing it again on this plan, though, because I know this WOE works.
  • Soon2BeMrsSherriff
    Soon2BeMrsSherriff Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Anna that is genius!! I love it
  • SlimBride2Be
    SlimBride2Be Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Yes it's a good way of saving for that fabulous new wardrobe!
  • annalisbeth74
    annalisbeth74 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    That reminds me, I'm 5lbs overdue for a gift card. ;)
  • bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    wabmester wrote: »

I guess you could say, it grew on you?

Waka! Waka!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I think it time to reward myself with something since I got below 200 pounds for the first time since being a teenager!! Maybe a pedicure. Would love to shop for clothes but don't want to waste the money during this transition. I love the gift card idea though!
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    I'm finding that fitting into clothes I haven't been able to wear for a long time is rewarding enough at this point.

That gift card idea is genius!

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Mami1976D wrote: »
    I'm finding that fitting into clothes I haven't been able to wear for a long time is rewarding enough at this point.

That gift card idea is genius!

I got rid of all my older stuff about a month before I started on MFP again. It was the only thing that made me be mentally open and ready to change. Now I kind of regret it, because I'm about out of clothes, no way to sell old stuff because it's low quality - but no way to buy anything new, even thrift around here because it's outrageous...
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    @Knitormiss, I got rid of some things last year that I could easily wear now too. It would be nice to have unlimited storage! Hope your financial situation gets better! Bless you for sticking with it!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    Options
    I've done Amazon shopping sprees. Renting a movie in HD from Amazon Prime. Going out to a thrift bookstore and buying myself a couple things. For now, I'm owed a new wardrobe by hubby as soon as I hit goal. But the oldest needs braces and one of the middles need vision therapy. None of it is covered by our outrageously expensive insurance... So that will have to wait. Of course, the scale isn't moving right now so I guess I have time. So a trip to Goodwill is in the future if I can get him to watch the kids. But I need a haircut soon, too. Dangling carrots. :smile:
  • Fat4Fuel2
    Options
    These ideas are all great! Keep them coming!