Hello guys! Looking for some new friends!

Options
yogi323
yogi323 Posts: 56 Member
Hey everyone! I've been at calorie counting since March and have lose some weight. However, I decided to change my diet to try and help heal my autoimmune condition. I have been transitioning to a whole foods diet for a couple of weeks, but find I'm not very successful, so tomorrow is my first official day! I'm going to be trying the autoimmune protocol (standard paleo + no eggs, nightshades, nuts or seeds for 60 days, then reintroducing them slowly). I'm hoping to help heal my endometriosis and resolve some symptoms that traditional medicine hasn't been able to help. I'd love some friends who are eating a similar way, weither it be paleo, AIP, whole30, primal, whatever! Especially if anyone else has an autoimmune condition. :)Feel free to send a friend request!

Replies

• jrosto
    jrosto Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hi Yogi323

I'm not on an autoimmune protocol, but I would be happy to be one of your MFP friends. I do eat some dairy (cheese, yogurt and kefir), some nuts, and nightshades. Cutting out the grains, processed sugars, and artificial sweeteners has really helped improve my well being.
  • javame
    javame Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new-ish on this board, not on AIP, but have Whole30'd and seen the benefits of cleaner, grain-free eating (or at least significantly reduced). Even got dh on board. Feel free to add me, too. :smile:
  • cottagegirl71
    cottagegirl71 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    sending you a request - I'm keto/primal - I love new friends that are motivated and I am on here every day! :)
  • determined2run
    determined2run Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I started paleo this week too. Please add me! I need to build a support system.
  • rdbasile
    rdbasile Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hi. I just started paleo (almost entierly) this week. Really excited about it. I feel great. I'm looking for accountability friends, and I'm really positive. Add me if you like!
  • homesweeths
    homesweeths Posts: 792 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I'm doing AIP for joint pain. Three years ago I was really crippled, especially my knees, and my shoulders and fingers were becoming painful. It took about six months (because I found, about four months in, that nightshades were a problem) to get my function back. Now I am pain free, and I am only stiff when it comes to going down stairs. Oh, and I didn't intend it (I've tried so many weight-loss diets and failed, I'd given up), but I lost nearly 40 lbs as a side benefit. (I gained back about 10 last year, with stress and travel and the holidays, but I've started losing again now that I have more control over my food again.)

Paleo AIP has worked wonders for me.

Welcome!