New here! Introducing myself

Options
Hi everyone! Been lurking for a few weeks and trying to read up as much as possible. I am 5'5 and 131 lbs at 37 years old. I had been doing a bootcamp and diet program for moms and found that I was really struggling to both lose weight and eat as much as was prescribed by the plan. I started tracking my calories and was averaging around 1200 a day. It seemed like so much food. I have had years of under-eating. At one point a granola bar or 2 got me through the day until dinner. I have hypothyroidism/Hashimotos and just assumed that in order to maintain a "slim" figure that I couldn't eat much food. I thought I naturally had a really slow metabolism. I didn't realize the damage that I had done in my years of barely eating then sitting on an elliptical machine for an hour. I feel like a light has gone on! I have put my numbers in the Scooby calculator and am ready to up my calories. I am terrified of gaining fat but need to just let that fear go. Hope to make connections with some of you to help with the journey!

Replies

• bonniejo
    bonniejo Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    You go girl! Remember to take it slow and be patient with yourself, it's a long road :)
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Jennifer_Lynn_1982 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Welcome Claire! I've been a lurker on the EM2WL forums too and have enjoyed hearing about everyone's progress. I'm slowly bumping up my calories too and am loving how much stronger I feel in my lifts (I do Strong Lifts 3x week). Keep checking in with us on this thread so we can see how you're doing :)
  • mymodernbabylon
    mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome. Come on over to the EM2WL website and start up a journal on the forum (plus read others). We're great at giving support there and here, but there are tons of people's stories on there plus all our successes!
    http://eatmore2weighless.com
  • kaybrose730
    kaybrose730 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hey Claire! I too am a lurker! Feel free to add me if you like! I'm 5'4" 132lbs 27... right now I'm at 1500 cals from 1200 last week....
  • XavierNusum
    XavierNusum Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Welcome Claire!
    Fear is okay, we're just not going to let it stop us, right?