Drinking more water!

Options
me_ona_diet
me_ona_diet Posts: 71 Member
edited June 2015 in Social Groups
One of the things I've wanted to increase has been my daily water intake. To that end, I picked up this Rubbermade water bottle from Walmart for $5 bucks. It has both oz and mL marked on it and holds a full 64oz of water.
Well, it's not even noon yet, and I'm already down to about 20 oz left! It's been so easy to drink it with it sitting here looking at me ;) I'm thinking I should have got a second one, so I can keep one at home as well as work! It's great to have an immediate progress indicator that takes out the second guessing! I'm going to aim for two of these puppies a day!
ebi5rijhy45r.jpg

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    If I don't hit 60 oz before noon, I will never make my water goal. Go google "Water Bomb Bottle" for amusing images.

My water goal is about 120 oz a day - 15 8-oz cups - a little over 7 16.9-oz water bottles. (half of weight in pounds 240 so 240/2 = 120 = 120 oz in water daily). I used to be lucky to get in 4-5 glasses daily. My weight loss stalls if I get less than 100 oz a day. I'll retain water if I'm under 80 oz a day.

However, I find I drink most of my water by noon, some in the afternoon, and barely anything in the evening. So sleeping in on the weekends wrecks my consumption. Plus water here in my hometown is undrinkable...so I have to bottle it....
  • me_ona_diet
    Options
    Is that the ratio I should be aiming for? 1/2 an oz per pound? I'm gonna have to up it even moar! ;D I hit my first 64oz by noon. Peed three times already lol!
  • lauraesh0384
    lauraesh0384 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I have a water bottle that holds 32 ounces of water and my goal is to drink 3 a day. Most days I usually hit that. If not, it's pretty close. I drink two bottles at work and I can usually get in my last one after work.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I think 100 oz is the recommendation for baseline if you are eating a ketogenic diet (unless you are under 150 pounds)... But yes, that is the medical recommendation for optimum organ function and body health. If your urine is mostly clear is another way to judge. Google hydration/dehydration charts to see goal colors, etc.

It takes a lot of water to process moving the fat and waste out of your body...though apparently burning fat releases water too so dunno. But that 1:2 ratio is what I've heard medically for your organs and fat loss and all that.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Good for you @me_ona_diet!! Water is so important! I use a 24 oz. Tervis cup that I drink five of each day.
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    If I don't hit 60 oz before noon, I will never make my water goal.
    I find I drink most of my water by noon, some in the afternoon, and barely anything in the evening. So sleeping in on the weekends wrecks my consumption. Plus water here in my hometown is undrinkable...so I have to bottle it....

I have the exact same problem. I wake up a couple hours later and end up drinking coffee til mid-afternoon.

Now I use a water tracking app that can nag me when I haven't logged enough water.
  • me_ona_diet
    Options
    About 80oz down now... and I am so full, I have no desire to drink at all. Urine is very clear, so I'm figuring I'm pretty hydrated at the moment... But I think I'll work on the rest tonight, cuz there's no room for any more right now!