Desire

Options
Beneita
Beneita Posts: 29 Member
Hello Pals, I am seeing such professional swimmers on media that compete. I am not into competing, but I do love swimming as I was once on my HS swim team. When I see bikers, they are so determined..they are in such great solid shape! I see swimmers in this same solid physical shape and I feel I missed my mark on my desire to be fit like they are....the thrill of free style zooming through the water... But for me, at this time in my life, swimming to me is just so refreshing and fun and my focus is not yet at that point of ZOOM so, I focus on the fun I have w/ my aerobics and breast stroke because it is all I can do now. Being so over weight has disabled me and it is difficult...My focus is now geared for DESIRE. I desire to be fit again and be swimming like I used to swim. I love to play in the water as well. Water sports are the best!

With God as my foremost helper, I strive to make my desire to be fit a reality. As the weight falls and the strength returns, so will the ZOOM, and all the praise will go to God ....He receives the glory in my accomplishments, and always will.

This will be daily, seeking what is best for me to become what God's will for me is, and that is to be a temple for Him, as His Holy Spirit lives in me. 1 Cor:3;16 (It is me who destroys my body) Romans 12: 1-2 are scripture I strive to live by and have failed so many times...I pick myself up and continue on...this time will be different, it is my DESIRE.....

Thx for reading and God Bless you as you strive for your own desires.

Beneita
I LiveByFaith

Replies

• fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    You still have the muscle memory from youth. So with a little pool time, your technique will come back.
    I was never on any swim team. But those kids fly past me in the pool. They often have practice when I'm doing laps.
    I do my best not to compare my body shape to elite athletes. I focus on where I was when I started the journey, where I am now, and where I want to be.
  • Beneita
    Options
    fishgutzy wrote: »
    You still have the muscle memory from youth. So with a little pool time, your technique will come back.
    I was never on any swim team. But those kids fly past me in the pool. They often have practice when I'm doing laps.
    I do my best not to compare my body shape to elite athletes. I focus on where I was when I started the journey, where I am now, and where I want to be.

Thanks for the encouragement my friend and Pal!!!!
  • aliciamariaq
    aliciamariaq Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I agree with Fishgutzy, your muscle memory will help you. As they say, it's like riding a bike, you get back on and it's as if you never forgot. Just keep at it.
  • Beneita
    Options
    Thx Alica!