yarwell
yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
Didn't expect this -
MFP_lowcarbs_finalv2.png

Replies

• KetoGirl83
    KetoGirl83 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    They do have a lot of data to support advising lower carbs...
  • bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    That's pretty rad.
  • GrannyMayOz
    GrannyMayOz Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Oh wow. I read through the poster, liking what I read, and then saw myfitnesspal on the bottom and my eyes widened with surprise. Awesome!
  • wheatlessgirl66
    wheatlessgirl66 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Never thought of using kale leaves to replace a bun. Lettuce, yes, but kale would hold up better. Will have to try that when/if I go back to eating carbs.
  • Twibbly
    Twibbly Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    Out of curiosity, who only eats 1/4 cup of potatoes or 16 French fries when they're not watching their carbs?
  • ChairmanWow
    ChairmanWow Posts: 44 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Twibbly wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, who only eats 1/4 cup of potatoes or 16 French fries when they're not watching their carbs?

:smiley:

Once you pop, you can't stop!
  • GSD_Mama
    GSD_Mama Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    This should be plastered all over grocery stores
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    I have a feeling new management is more interested in making money off anyone interested in using their website, rather than cheerleading a specific WOE like the former owners.
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Here in the UK, senior health folk in the NHS are now starting to focus on sugar in relation to the obesity crisis a lot more and don't really talk about fat in the diet as much any more.

I think the tide is turning...
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    I have a feeling new management is more interested in making money off anyone interested in using their website, rather than cheerleading a specific WOE like the former owners.

You know, if it makes for a more pleasant site, I'm all for it.
    Twibbly wrote: »

Those are the standard sized servings, I believe. It's easier to see with a couple of the other entries, like the soda and the potato chips (1oz is generally the amount in one of those little "single serve" bags).
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,961 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Dragonwolf wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »

You know, if it makes for a more pleasant site, I'm all for it.

Me, too.

It really is in the best interest of their bottom-line to rake in as many users as possible, not alienate them. Which is a smart move. I think any changes in the Litterbox won't manifest for some time. The disconnect between the site and the community as a whole is quite large.

Ugh...that graphic is really making me wish I had a Vegetti. And nuts. Yummmmy.
  • bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    I think any changes in the Litterbox won't manifest for some time. The disconnect between the site and the community as a whole is quite large.

People will believe what they want to believe, as long as they can keep eating pop-tarts.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I saw this under the Hello Healthy box on the home page. Whatever the reason, this is good. May help some folks out there! Then lead them to us!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I did. They've posted a number of healthier, lower carb type blogs. And the masses resoundingly poo-poo them on the boards. ha.
  • wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Maybe they'll change the name to MyLowCarbPal. :)
  • greenautumn17
    greenautumn17 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I wish I could figure out a way to print this!
  • KetoGirl83
    KetoGirl83 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I wish I could figure out a way to print this!

I'd right click on the image, save to desktop and then print from there. Should work with most settings.
  • greenautumn17
    greenautumn17 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Yeah...that's not working. :(
  • AngInCanada
    AngInCanada Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I don't see anything?