Anyone upgrade from Flex to Charge HR?

I've had a Flex for a while now, and am considering upgrading to a Charge HR. I was curious to see if anyone else had upgraded, and if they saw any big differences in how many calories Fitbit said you were burning on a normal day?

Right now I'm at about 10k steps with my Flex, and don't do step based exercises (more yoga and similar classes).

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    I upgraded from Flex to Charge HR a couple of months ago. I haven't compared the numbers at all, but I continue to eat back 100% of my adjustments and I haven't gained an ounce. (I'm in maintenance.)

It's a lot bigger, which took some getting used to. But I love the buckle so much more than the clasp. And the display.
  • valmorphanize
    valmorphanize Posts: 9 Member
    edited June 2015
    editorgrrl wrote: »
    I upgraded from Flex to Charge HR a couple of months ago. I haven't compared the numbers at all, but I continue to eat back 100% of my adjustments and I haven't gained an ounce. (I'm in maintenance.)

It's a lot bigger, which took some getting used to. But I love the buckle so much more than the clasp. And the display.
    When you were using the Flex, were you eating back your adjustments and not gaining, as well?

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    vmoore1985 wrote: »
    When you were using the Flex, were you eating back your adjustments and not gaining, as well?

Yes. I don't pay any attention to the actual numbers, just my results. I maintained from July through March by trusting my Flex, and since then by trusting my Charge HR.

TDEE is by definition the number of calories at which your weight will stabilize, so my Fitbit burn = TDEE.