Counting Calories

Options
IronLizerd
IronLizerd Posts: 43 Member
Question: So I started eating clean and have been going strong for a few days but I stopped counting calories because it was giving me anxiety (yea i know it sounds silly). I'm very proud of the way I've been eating but i am not sure if i should start counting again. Is it worth it?? Also do you count? What are your experiences?

Replies

• scuba6randy
    scuba6randy Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I go back and forth. "If you want specific results, you have to have to take specific steps to get there", I say
  • Gritty_Gal
    Gritty_Gal Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I go back and forth. "If you want specific results, you have to have to take specific steps to get there", I say

I agree. It depends on your goals and how much accountability you need. If you are happy where you are and your goal is to maintain your weight and you are able to do it without logging your food intake, then that's great!
  • louubelle16
    louubelle16 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I have this problem too, and get a bit obsessed with calories. I try not to obsess over individual meals, but make sure I hit my daily target... if that makes sense?
  • originalkelli
    originalkelli Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I tried to stop counting calories, despite eating healthy most of the time. It didn't work well, giving up the count made me give up working out because I thought the food was enough. Gained some weight back. For me, I GET to count and eat healthy and exercise. (That's right, I get to, I don't have to, it's a choice to get to the place I want to be.) if I don't do all of it, I don't lose. But that's just me.
  • louubelle16
    louubelle16 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    For me, I GET to count and eat healthy and exercise. (That's right, I get to, I don't have to, it's a choice to get to the place I want to be.) if I don't do all of it, I don't lose. But that's just me.

I love this attitude!
  • Michael062015
    Michael062015 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    what is skinny fat? lol