5:2 while exclusively breastfeeding?

Schnuddelbuddel
Schnuddelbuddel Posts: 402 Member
Hi! Has anyone gone and started 5:2 while exclusively breastfeeding? Do you keep your fast day calories higher? Or still at 500?

Any advice? Baby 5.5 months now and still exclusively breastfed.

Thank you!

Replies

• jknight001
    jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
    IMHO, your baby is getting all of his/her nutrients from you. You are already burning large amount of calories feeding your baby, and your baby needs every bite you put in your mouth, every day. This is a good time to eat healthy well balanced meals so both you and your baby gets a constant source of nutrition. Before you know it your baby will be happily on solids and you can absorb the 2 day severe calorie reduction two days a week without pulling too much nutrition away from your baby or yourself. Like I said, just my two cents.
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Fasting is not recommended during pregnancy or breastfeeding. Nor are other calorie restricted diets recommended during this time unless under doc supervision.

Eat sensibly and healthy as jknight says. And enjoy this special time with your baby :-)
  • startingoveragain2020
    startingoveragain2020 Posts: 42 Member
    I didn't fast when breastfeeding but I had two very healthy days sticking to 1200 calories and ate normally the rest of the week and started normal 5:2 again when I stopped feeding completely at 10months (he got teeth, haha)