Struggling

Options
_Juggernaut_
_Juggernaut_ Posts: 18 Member
I'm struggling right now. Here recently I have taken on a new attitude, that of the Juggernaut, because it represented how I'm now approaching life: my forward momentum cannot be stopped.

But the past three weeks have been nothing short of nearly impossible. My mom has been in ICU for three weeks now. Not just in the hospital, but in ICU. We've been told that she's gonna have to have a feeding tube for the next 30 days, minumum.

Things with my sub aren't as good as I'd like them to be, we're going through a period of change (its a positive change, but change sucks all the time) and at times I don't feel the connection that we normally have.

Stressed doesn't begin to describe things. And I know that I'm stressed, so I even tried preparing my meals ahead of time. The only problem is that by the time I get home, I'm so physically and emotionally drained that I don't feel like doing anything. Including eating. Until late at night when all of a sudden I'll be ravenously hungry. I'll eat the food I prepared, plus whatever else I can get ahold of. I liken it to wanting to eat the entire grocery store.

Does anyone have any advice? I could use all I can get right now.

~The Juggernaut

Replies

• loribethrice
    loribethrice Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry. I'm terrible right now too. Stress is the worst and I wish that we could both find some other outlet for it that isn't food. It's so hard to put that energy into exercise whenever there isn't any energy there. And I hope your mom is going to be ok because I'm sure that is just scary and uncertainty makes life impossibly hard. Lately I just try to distract myself when I really want what I shouldn't have. Like I'll eat the food I allot to me and then I'll try my hardest to not think about the extra foods that I want whether I just have to go to bed or watch Netflix or call someone to talk until it passes (I don't tell them that I'm calling to distract myself because I won't talk about this with anyone in my life) or whatever else I can think of. It has a lot of days where it works and then it has days where it fails, but anything is better than nothing.
  • tlmeyn
    tlmeyn Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Talk to as many people as possible. Occupy your time. Take food with you. Take more than you need, but still within the range you are trying to eat in. With all that is going on with you, the last thing you need is to feel deprived. Get food you love. I don't know what kind of plan you are , but better to eat less of things you love than more of things you "should" eat.

Tell your sub you need a little extra support right now. I know it's hard, but try to be a little more consistent logging your food. That helps me. Even when I eat crappy, I can SEE that I am doing it. That I am sabotaging myself.

And remember, you aren't alone.

I hope you mother is doing better.