Changes in Milk

Options
dessiepenn
dessiepenn Posts: 167 Member
This time around I feel like my breast milk is fatter......if that is even possible. I notice the layer of fat in the bottles of pump milk that day care feeds my baby is thicker. Also when I hand wash the bottles it seems harder to get clean do to the fat that is across the surface of the dish water. I eat a very high fat diet low carb diet these days and I wonder if that has anything do with it. Can anyone relate? Or do you notice changes in your milk with what you eat?

Replies

• her4g63
    her4g63 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I eat high carb, low fat and my milk is the same way this time around (my second). I use this to get my bottles clean: http://www.dawn-dish.com/us/dawn/product/037000224198

Wish I could be of more help!
  • dessiepenn
    Options
    sschwark wrote: »
    I eat high carb, low fat and my milk is the same way this time around (my second). I use this to get my bottles clean: http://www.dawn-dish.com/us/dawn/product/037000224198

Wish I could be of more help!

I'll have to try that soap. I did switch to name brand dish soap because the cheap stuff wasn't cutting it. Thanks for the tip.

I currently also receive my diapers and few other products from the Honest Company. I might try their dish soap as well.
  • her4g63
    her4g63 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I've tried their soap and it didn't work as well for me. They were still so greasy. But my milk may not be the same as yours so who knows! Good luck!!!
  • dessiepenn
    Options
    Thanks for heads up....I'll probably pass on their soap then.
  • jdehart48
    jdehart48 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Our milk can change from feeding to feeding, it'll naturally do whatever it needs to for our baby, it's truly amazing! If our baby needs more fat, we'll produce more fat for baby in our milk, if our baby needs more water (such as on a hot day) , our body will produce a watery milk for our baby. So it's pretty random- amazing nonetheless :)