Self-taught/online lessons?

Options
Asterie
Asterie Posts: 159 Member
Hey guys,

I used to go to the studio for my classes and got to the intermediate level (which consisted of climbing & holding moves after the climb). I ended up quitting the studio because they implemented a new rule that basically made it impossible or extremely inconvenient for me to attend classes.

Anyways, I have the Xpert x-pole now (I quit the studio in December), but I've lost almost all of my upper body strength. I still know how to do all of the moves I had learned, but of course it's more difficult for me to hold them now because my arms aren't what they were & I've gained weight since.

I'm wondering if anyone has had success with teaching themselves pole at home? I've looked at dozens of online lessons (I have my eye on StudioVeena right now), but since there's no lesson plan, I'm a bit lost as to where to go next. Does anyone have a curriculum that worked well for them? Any tips/advice?

Currently, I'm doing pole strength & stretch exercises 4-5 times a week (along with practicing the moves I was good at before) and weight lifting 1-2 times a week with some light cardio thrown in. All I really want is to be able to do is air walk, please help!

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I'm on Studio Veena. I usually do a mixture of private lessons, a class, and online training. Studio Veena lessons progress in a logical fashion, but I do skip around.
  • Asterie
    Asterie Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'm starting to think I should just go back to the classes and supplement with Studio Veena, too. Thanks so much for answering!
  • Carriesund
    Carriesund Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Veena is awesome. She has plans once you sign up for her lessons. She also has strength training lessons. I can put together a few short strength training videos for you....the won't be professional quality but I have some fun things I can show you to help you build strength back on and off the pole.
  • x_blackrainbow
    x_blackrainbow Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I love Studio Veena! I'm curious about Cleo the Hurricane's lessons too, but she is way more expensive.