Fell off the wagon

Options
CrazyMermaid1
CrazyMermaid1 Posts: 346 Member
when I first joined mfp, I lost 5 lb over the course of a few months. Then life got in the way and I regained those 5 plus 3 more in a matter of weeks. I need to get back on the wagon. Please help motivate me!

Replies

• nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    Well, what motivates me is the fact that I am tired and just don't want to keep losing that same damn five pounds over and over again. I think if you just keep logging, eating sensibly and doing some exercise the results will keep you motivated. Life certainly gets in the way but even when all heck is breaking loose you still have to eat. Just eat as smart as you can in any circumstance and you will be ok.
  • BRaye325
    BRaye325 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    Life will continue to throw things in your path. Keep focused if you really want it and have a plan for when those obstacles happen to get right back on track. Many times we hit a bump that takes us off course and we stay off course too long. If you stay on the road longer, you will reach your destination sooner!
  • downongreenacres
    downongreenacres Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    We have probable all been there.
    Last time I kept logging on and following a few people's progress. After a while their consistancy and successes inspired me to start logging my food and pretty soon I was back on track. You can do this!
  • lynnstacey2
    lynnstacey2 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I think what has really helped me stick with this for long is to keep on logging. Even if you're logging that you're going way over your calories, keep on doing it! At some point you will be able to refocus yourself and stay within your calories, logging keeps you "remembering" you are supposed to be doing that!
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    I like to think of it in terms of what I can control versus what I can't. Sometimes we have very little control over life events, whether it be work related, family related or even health related. What I can control is what I eat and how much exercise I choose to do. At the end of the day I feel much better knowing I stayed in control of those two things as opposed to letting them derail me from my goals.
  • BRaye325
    BRaye325 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    luluinca wrote: »
    I like to think of it in terms of what I can control versus what I can't. Sometimes we have very little control over life events, whether it be work related, family related or even health related. What I can control is what I eat and how much exercise I choose to do. At the end of the day I feel much better knowing I stayed in control of those two things as opposed to letting them derail me from my goals.

Control is a great point Lulu! My life seemed to be spiraling out of control when I started MFP with several stress inducing issues wreaking havoc simultaneously. Logging and staying focused on what I ate helped give me back some control when I had to deal with other things I had no control over.
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    I have changed my mindset. Life may get in the way, but I don't let it control me. I always used to put everything and everybody else first. Now my being healthy is a priority. I don't allow myself "excuses" anymore. Sometimes you have to put yourself first, and being healthy feels so much better than being fat.
  • nikkib0103
    Options
    marekdds wrote: »
    I have changed my mindset. Life may get in the way, but I don't let it control me. I always used to put everything and everybody else first. Now my being healthy is a priority. I don't allow myself "excuses" anymore. Sometimes you have to put yourself first, and being healthy feels so much better than being fat.

Sing it, Sister!
  • BBee5064
    BBee5064 Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    I love your attitude Jen," I don't allow myself excuses anymore"... im going to put that attitude into practice in my life :)
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Actually, you may have fallen off the wagon, but it did not roll over you completely because you managed to get here for help. :)

I read this on a thread somewhere, and it sticks with me: Losing weight is hard. Being fat is hard. Choose your hard.

I've spent a lifetime letting "life" get in the way and just giving up countless times. Now I'm at the age/point of being selfish...me, me, me. If I don't take care of me, no one will.

Connie
  • nikkib0103
    Options
    Choose your hard. That is a great way to look at it.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Everybody falls off the wagon from time to time. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and onward! Remember Scarlett O'Hara's famous words...tomorrow is another day!
  • BBee5064
    BBee5064 Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    whmscll wrote: »
    Everybody falls off the wagon from time to time. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and onward! Remember Scarlett O'Hara's famous words...tomorrow is another day!

Love this :smile: