Anyone else?

Options
LYNSTR64
LYNSTR64 Posts: 5 Member
I quit smoking and replaced food with smoking! Hope to get back on track, I feel I am now emotionally eating.

Replies

• Roaringgael
    Roaringgael Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I quit smoking a long time ago but remember how difficult it could be.
    I wish you all the luck. It will get easier over time. Try eating healthy snacks.
  • LYNSTR64
    Options
    Thank you for the encouragement! This app really is an eye opener, did not realize the extent of mindless grazing I have been doing. Of course I knew my food intake was more due to the weight gain but WOW more than I imagined. I giggle at myself when I reach for junk and then stop because I would have to log it. I also recite the quote to myself "what you eat in private you wear in public"
  • iona_ellen
    iona_ellen Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I gave up smoking almost one year ago, and the first few months is a challenge but it is definitely worth it. I see people smoking now thinking why i did it. Wish good luck :)
    P.s. I love your quote, never heard it before but it's fab
  • Veggie_mama
    Veggie_mama Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    10 years smoke free. I've been yo-yoing for years. It's hard, but you will feel so much better for quitting. When the tough part is over, the detoxing of nicotine from your body, you can concentrate more on eating. It is hard. This app/website has seriously changed my life for the better!
  • LYNSTR64
    Options
    Excited to get back in shape as a non-smoker! Everyone is such encouragement here. Thanks!"