• lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    Also new!
    Southern Maine/Northern NH checking in.
  • Kupe
    Kupe Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Looks like I am the lonely antipodean, Melbourne, Australia. Pretty much flat in and around the city, if you ride to the east only then do you get into the hills however nothing like the Rockies though.
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Hi everyone, just found this group after an MFP pal linked me to a post. I'm a regular rider, both road and mtb. I live in Watford, UK. Most often I can be seen commuting on the roadie 22 miles a day between Watford and Uxbridge, longer routes when I can. But I'm also nowadays getting very active on the MTB scene and can be often scene down Swinley Forest, Whippendell Woods and a lot of the Welsh trail centres.

My steeds are:
    Road bike - Giant Defy 2014
    Mountain bike - Transition Covert 26" Full Sus
    - Specialized Rockhopper 2012 (Hardtail)

My two MTB's are pictured below, for some completely unknown reason upside down.....

qqn37n95qru9.jpg
  • Marmitegeoff
    Marmitegeoff Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Midlands UK and addicted to Audax.
  • Cave_Creature
    Cave_Creature Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Roadie from Boston area here!
  • ntnunk
    ntnunk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the new folks! Glad to have you aboard.
  • brocantrs
    brocantrs Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Just got back into biking after a 2 year lay-off. I have a Koga Miyata road bike. I'm just riding on my street so far but should be riding around the lake close to home soon. Usual distance was 22 miles before on a hybrid. Hopefully I'll be topping that soon.
  • Archon2
    Archon2 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Welcome brocantrs, Cave_c, Smeakim1, Marmitegeoff, pyrowill, Lishie, David, Nnaska, and everyone else who recently joined.
  • RunionX4
    RunionX4 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Hey. I'm new to the group. I haven't been on a bike in probably 20 years. Just bought an old murray Monterey cruiser bike today and just did my first 3 mile ride. I know that isn't far but since I hadn't been riding in so long thought I better start slow. Any tips for a new rider? Also anyone can add me as a friend. I can always use the support and motivation.
  • britzen
    britzen Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    New to the group, been an avid mtn biker for 20 years. My old stomping ground was the Bay Area, Bolinas ridge loop was one of my favorite on a hot day but Tilden was my local ride. I now live offgrid in my own private Idaho (literally) and have trails from my cabin to Montana to explore in the wilderness. My new go-to ride is from my cabin through singletrack and old logging trails for a quick 8-12 mile, 1000ft not-so-technical ride. Reminds of riding in B.C. with the lush forest.