How much have you lost and how long did it take?

Options

Replies

• britttowanna483
    britttowanna483 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone my name is Towanna and I an starting the lc way of eating today. I would greatly appreciate any input or advice to help with my success.
  • smuller73
    smuller73 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I have lost 17kg in 6 months but the biggest thing for me was losing 6 inches off my waist. :o I am fitting in pants that I couldn't get into in the past when I weighed less than I do now. Have slowed down on the weight loss now but it's a lifestyle change for me, so slow and steady from now on is fine. I am loving the low carb lifestyle. :)
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    123 lbs in 18 months and change

Restricting carbs to various levels was the main focus.

At first I did not need to worry about calories since I was so over.

As time went by I ate more of a paleo influenced low to moderate carb diet.

Lots of fibrous vegetables and lean meats

Exercise levels went up over time.

At first just walking, then some elliptical machine, then a few weights.

It was a gradual increase in using everything in the gym!

There was also trainer input, Dr input, nutritionist input.

So now, I know a bit about food as fuel for my day. That is a big deal. I treat carbs like high octane fuel for specific activities.

I want to drop 20 more I think. It is about body recomposition now.

It has all been done while a member at the same gym. So I have made quite a few fitness buddies. And the cool thing also added to that, actually helped a few others get motivated and get going!

• KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Hello @britttowanna483! Welcome to the group! Read the Launch Pad at the top of the group forum to learn as much as you can about this woe! Good luck to you!
  • tishball
    tishball Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    2 lbs in 2 weeks. I thought I had lost five in the first week, but it crept back up overnight to just 2lbs and stayed there. Disgruntled today. ( I know it will go)
  • wheatlessgirl66
    wheatlessgirl66 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    12-13 lbs in 101 days. On <20 carbs.
  • danidanibobani
    danidanibobani Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I have lost 8 in 30 days. The first four was in the first week. I seem to have developed a pattern of losing two, gaining one, staying that way for a week, then losing two and gaining one.
  • dewsmom78
    dewsmom78 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    3 lbs in 2 weeks. I don't have a lot to lose, but after hitting a plateau for months, LCHF seems to be working. I have 8 lbs to go until goal weight.
  • AngInCanada
    AngInCanada Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    13 lbs in 5 weeks. 8 of those were the first week. I've also lost 21" so I'll take the inches over pounds anyday.
  • tishball
    tishball Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Dash river, it seems I have a similar way of losing to you, lose a bit, gain a bit, lose more, gain a bit , but all this without changing eating habits, weird. Still though when I lose a bit I don't gain back the original weight. ( I think its fluid messin about to be honest.)
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    65 since November
  • aSearch4Me
    aSearch4Me Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I've lost 21.7# in 30 days...but I honestly think the first 5-7# of that were water-retention weight related to grain products with how quickly it dropped (like in 48 hours).

8.5# of those 21.7# have been in the past 7 days after switching to a 30g (ish, I flex it from 25-35 on the day) carb level. Before that I had been in the 75-100g level.

The most important thing for me though is, I feel amazing, both physically (energy) and mentally (mood). Realistically, I know that this rate of weight-drop is probably a temporary phenomenon, but I'm going to enjoy it as long as it lasts :smile: .

I'm forever thankful to this group for all of the information & experience, though.
  • VallBoston
    VallBoston Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    WOw, you all are doing so great! I am stuck!!! My weight goes up and down 3 lbs almost weekly lately so I started strict again.. As strict as I can anyway.

Starting weight- 235
    Current weight- 194
    Goal weight- 160
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I'm now at 6 pounds in 29 Days. My partner has lost 25 pounds in 24 days and is down 2 pants sizes. The difference is, he has a lot more weight to lose than I do and he is restricting carbs more than I am.
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I've lost a total of 12lbs since I've been committed to losing weight, but the first weeks weren't lo-carb, I wasn't weighing food, and I was constantly hungry and not eating properly. The past 7lbs in 4 weeks, included one week with no changes, then I dropped 2lbs "overnight" and kept going down. These last four weeks on low carb ~20-25g have been much easier and I'm eating more consistently with more consistent gradual losses -now eating 3 meals and 2 snacks. I also feel better and more motivated about being able to continue with this plan.
  • quiltnutty
    quiltnutty Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Karlottap wrote: »
    I've lost 27 pounds since mid January, so four months. The greatest loss has been the decrease in Fibromyalgia pain. In the fibro world we call an extreme episode of pain a "flare". Normally I would have a flare about once a month (depending on physical activity). You can guess, the more active the more flares....vicious cycle. Since lc to ZC I haven't had a flare and my activity level is higher than its been in years! I will take that NSV any day!

• quiltnutty
    quiltnutty Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Karlottap - I am intrigued by the decrease in Fibromyalgia pain that you have experienced. That is so awesome!
  • CoconuttyMummy
    CoconuttyMummy Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Ive lost 18 pounds in about 3 months, but ive hit a plateau already which is driving me crayzeeee! Soooo frustrating, *screams n stomps feet*. I've not got any room for maneuver with my calories: i've been eating the minimum allowed on MFP since i started dieting again (1200) and that apparently only loses 0.8 pounds a week. It wont let me set it to any lower than that, and anyway i would be too hungry living on under 1000 calories for more than a day or two here n there. So the only change i can make i think is lowering my carbs even more. Ugh.
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Ive lost 18 pounds in about 3 months, but ive hit a plateau already which is driving me crayzeeee! Soooo frustrating, *screams n stomps feet*. I've not got any room for maneuver with my calories: i've been eating the minimum allowed on MFP since i started dieting again (1200) and that apparently only loses 0.8 pounds a week. It wont let me set it to any lower than that, and anyway i would be too hungry living on under 1000 calories for more than a day or two here n there. So the only change i can make i think is lowering my carbs even more. Ugh.

Just curious of the specifics

If you don't mind please

Do you have a condition behind needing a super low carb and low calorie diet?

I'm one that has lost over 100 lbs on moderate carbs myself

I hit little plateaus once in a while too.

Hang in there

• DrawnToScale
    DrawnToScale Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    16 lbs lost in 14 weeks, at ~100 total grams carbs/day. I've found in general that as my carbs/day goes down, the weight loss speeds up.