Here's an accessory move I think we should all be adding to our routines:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vo_RTeBRwZI

BAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA! WTF, right?!

Replies

• canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    ^^^ that is so totally 'home workout' i don't even know where to start.

what got me was, a wooden 'egg'? i mean, wood? i mean no. just nononono. hasn't that woman ever heard of slivers?

edit: o never mind. i was too boggled to hear the condom part.
  • mirrim52
    mirrim52 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I turned off the video as soon as he said "Can we see the egg?". Yeah, don't need to see that :p
  • canadianlbs
    Options
    also, just saying . . . i wasn't really seeing any signs she was LIFTING those weights. i mean, getting anatomical here and speaking from personal [tmi removed] experience, there are certain pelvic angles that just wedge things up against your pubic bone from the inside, so . . . get her to stand bolt upright and do it, and i'd be impressed.
  • Llamapants86
    Llamapants86 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    But how much calories does it burn! :wink:
  • canadianlbs
    edited June 2015
    Options
    i just wanna vent about the trainer at the Other Gym. if i'd remembered that it was tuesday i wouldn't have gone.

this is the trainer who does the 'intro' classes i took to start out with last year. technical-wise, i don't think there's much to complain of in her. but interpersonal-wise . . . i did the conscientious thing and 'disclosed' on my initial form that i have r.a., even though i knew what that would lead to. and so it did.

she wouldn't let me do anything ambitious while i was taking her asinine course. she wouldn't TELL me what 'average' strength standards were, although of course i got smart eventually and found them online. she wouldn't teach any of us any of the compound lifts, and she spent at least 20% of her time with me personally just on telling me to be careful and make sure that i didn't get hurt.

i quit her last class without explaining or even saying goodbye, around this time last year. saw her once since that time, when she caught me in the squat rack and made a huuuuuuge patronizing good-for-you deal out of the fact that i was even in the building. tried to push me into using the squishy pad too. i feckin' hate this woman. i wanted to push her face in instead.

so i see her again, first time since that one, tonight. know what her first fricking question was? 'so, any injuries?' and she kept asking and asking and watching my face the whole time, like a cat at a mousehole . . . i think she almost wants to hear i got hurt, not for malice exactly but just because she's so completely convinced i will. i really don't think it's surprising i couldn't really get myself together tonight, with her in the weight room the whole time with one of the other women from the same class. who she can't stop encouraging to do 'hard' stuff.

PLUS, she laid hands on me. 'getting stronger?' the old biceps pinch. 'oh, i see you are!' no wonder i'm in such a sullen sad mood tonight.
  • TravelsWithHuckleberry
    TravelsWithHuckleberry Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    ^ I want to push her face in too. >:( Grrr.
  • indianarose2
    indianarose2 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    ^^^Ugh!!!! Me too! You never fail to inspire me on here. Absolutely no room for condescension. You're awesome.
  • MalineVD
    MalineVD Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I really need to start getting back to the gym 3x/week. My thumb healed pretty nicely, so I went for it today. Could definitely tell that it had been a week since I last lifted..

I just feel a bit sucky last couple of days.. I've been working out and calorie counting since the beginning of octobre and I've not even lost 5 lbs. My inches are staying the same too. I don't know what I should do.. I'm 5' and weigh around 120lbs and MFP tells me to eat 1200 cals a day to lose 0.5 lbs/week. I've tried that for months with no results. Then I've tried upping my cals a bit to see what that would do for a couple of weeks, still nothing.. And although SL is giving me more srength, I see no differences in my body what so ever after nearly 8 weeks at it.. Maybe it's too soon and I don't expect major differences yet, but at least some would be nice.. Le sigh.. Past week I've been eating *kitten* (not enough) and just bluh. Anyway, the sun is shining at last here in Europe, so that's something :)
  • indianarose2
    Options
    Just relating my own experience. I may have been known to be impatient too, just a little.... :-) I upped my calories from 1300 to 1500 in May which according to several TDEE calculations averages about TDEE 15-20%. After I increased I didn't lose anything for 3 weeks then a little and then a little more. I am now back to losing my 1"&1#avg a week again (I estimate have at least 20 more pounds of fat to lose) but almost bailed those 3 weeks into it. So the moral of this story is you may be on the right track and need to give it some time. As far as the actual basis for your intake there are others much more experienced than I who I bet will chime in...
  • Llamapants86
    Llamapants86 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I've been spinning my wheels as far as losing weight as well lately. I don't really have any advice, but you are certainly not alone.
  • Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    I worked all weekend on digging up an old brick patio that was on the wrong side of our house, taking wheelbarrow loads of bricks around the house to the new location (14x20 ft) leveling sand, laying bricks etc. Took all weekend. It was so physically tough. I ate all the things! My fingers are kind of swollen & I can't get my wedding ring over my knuckle. I discovered, however, that my triceps are visibly developed now. While sore, I have recovered pretty quickly from this project. I think months of lifting really helped me get this project done!
  • canadianlbs
    Options
    well, captain scudge manifested something i almost found likeable yesterday. the weird little quiet dev was extra-quiet until around 3pm, whereupon we all heard him throwing up into the garbage can in his cube. after he'd cleaned all that up he got unexpectedly chipper and talkative and started telling us how 'helpful' the obtrusive pushy security guard downstairs had been. i'd passed them myself at one point earlier, yakking away about stomach ailments and having the time of their lives.

anyway, the little dev seems very easy to impress. 'oh, he knows a lot. he was telling me ginger . . . and no spicy food . . . and coca-cola with the bubbles all gone. he's very knowledgeable. it's amazing.'

none of the rest of us said anything. but i heard a scudge mutter. 'oh yeah, eddie. used to be a doctor - now he's a security guard.' SKNNRK.
  • andylllI
    andylllI Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    can someone tell me to CTFO? I had a minor surgical procedure in late March and had to stop lifting (docs orders) for 6 weeks. Surgery day I was 139 lbs. Day I started lifting again (mid May) I was 140 pounds. I also adding in cycling to work (45 min a day total). I've been eating 2200 cal a day for the entire time which SHOULD be my TDEE based on my MFP data from the last year. I haven't increased my intake since resuming exercise but I've been hungry.

Now I'm 145 lbs. I expected that being off would result in something...like a loss of conditioning. But I feel like I've gained 4-5 lbs of fat which was masked by a loss of water and glycogen when I stopped exercising and now has been revealed by a water gain. I've been waiting for the water to balance itself out but...Husband says I look firmer and have more muscle definition than a month ago. Any my measurements haven't changed...so CTFO right?

On a brighter note the home gym is being delivered tomorrow. I should just focus on that right?
  • TravelsWithHuckleberry
    edited June 2015
    Options
    @Andyllll -- Chill the F**ck Out! :D

It can takes weeks for that water retention brought on by lifting again to go away. If your measurements aren't changing, who cares what the scale says?
  • TravelsWithHuckleberry
    Options
    Here's my latest and greatest update. :)

Lots of changes coming for me in the next few months. Now that school is over, I'm in a weird transition / holding pattern. I will apply for PhD programs late this year -- most applications are due in December -- but I won't find out where I'm going (knock on wood) until February or March 2016. I had planned to just stay in the town where I currently live because I don't want to move, just to turn around and move again less than a year later, but that's now changed.

I'm going on a trip in mid-July, then leaving again in early-August for a very extended road trip. I'm planning on being out on the road, wandering the country, for at least two months. So, considering I'll be gone for the better part of the next four months, it doesn't make sense for me to keep my apartment. I've decide to move everything into storage, and figure out what's next after the road trip.

I'm simultaneously excited and anxious about this. It's not like I will be homeless -- I can stay with my family when I get back -- but I won't have a place of my own. The vast majority of my possessions will be in storage. It will be strange and probably a bit stressful.

I also have some concerns about the traveling. I'm obviously looking forward to both trips, but the logistics are overwhelming sometimes. I don't have a set travel agenda -- the whole point is to wander and explore -- which is fun but also a little bit stressful. I won't have the option to go to the gym multiple times per week. I plan to do as much hiking and walking as I can along the way, but it may not be as frequent as I'd like. I also need to figure out the food situation. I'll be stopping to see friends and family along the way, so will do my best to prepare foods that I can keep in a cooler, but road trips include road food and, of course, caffeine!

So the potential to just put on weight is high, and I really, really don't want to undo all the hard work I've put in these past ten months (down almost 30 pounds!). So, there's some anxiousness there too.

None of these things will keep me from going on the adventure, but I'm trying to work through them all in my head.

And then there's the packing. Oh my universe, do I loathe packing! It will get done -- it always does -- but I'm not looking forward to it. :)

So, that's my update!

I welcome your thoughts and comments.

xo,
    C.
  • indianarose2
    Options
    Ok, here are my thoughts. First off, just Wow! What an exciting time in your life. Such exciting and amazing accomplishments met and on your horizon. Here's what I would do:
    First: Put on your lean, mean, active, healthy-eating "persona" and go all out. You know what I mean? You are not just a recent college grad touring around and visiting places/persons. In other words put it firmly in your head to not leave your healthy awesome strong woman behind on this trip. Do I sound nuts? I'm not really...
    2nd: maybe join a gym that has privileges in multiple locations (anytime fitness...) or do one of the body weight programs (convict training..)while you are on the road. Walk everywhere you can. Rent bikes, go kayaking whenever you can. You'll be fine!
    Lastly: Have an awesome unforgettable time, Blog it/write it...!
  • andylllI
    Options
    Have an amazing time! Just move daily and think of your gym training as training. Your legs will be strong for hiking with a pack and your arms will be strong for swimming in lakes etc. Also maintaining strength is not as hard as building strength and doesn't require as much stimulus. It sounds scary to have all your stuff in storage but also...think of the freedom. You won't be weighed down by all sorts of "things" and so the possibilities and took for new experiences are endless.
  • andylllI
    Options
    @crabada thanks for the CTFO. That totally helped. And I lost 4 lbs overnight. So water.
  • indianarose2
    Options
    ^ doesn't that just feel so awesome?!
    Totally random non exercise related post...I didn't realize how much I've missed my pooch lately. He's been a shedding monster for the past few weeks and has been relegated to the laundry room and patio until tonight after I gave him a bath. So nice to have him back in the house hanging out. He sleeping on the floor next to my bed - makes me feel so safe! Sweet dreams all...
  • mirrim52
    mirrim52 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Don't forget about leg day...
    http://explosm.net/comics/3963/

(warning, NSFW language, and view other comics at your own risk...hilarious, but often very inappropriate)