Day 36 and I've kicked the scale to the curb

Options
AngInCanada
AngInCanada Posts: 947 Member
With encouragement from my MFP friends, I've broken up with the scale (for a month). I hate it. I get so frustrated and upset when I see my weight maintain or gain. I gained last week and haven't weighed since Sunday and won't weigh again till July 4th. So I'm down 13 lbs and 21 inches since starting LCHF. Super proud of myself. Here are some pics

2ve18jytaf1j.jpg

jadfw099jjk0.jpg

qoftysd5c5ya.jpg

Replies

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    That is an awesome beginning. My weight loss has been much slower but both inches and pounds are going down slowly so I am happy.

I think when we are not real healthy at the start weight loss does not occur as well/fast as our liver and other organs need to recover. I have been over doing the protein and started cutting back this week to lose a few more pounds this month.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I try to remember than any time I get frustrated by the slow that comes after the first few weeks to divide it and calculate my weekly loss. Even including my 2 month-ish stall, I was still averaging out at 1 pound per week. Can't really complain about that! Your pics alone show progress! I love the breaking up with the scale bit!
  • wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    You look much happier without the scale. :)
  • mlinton_mesapark
    mlinton_mesapark Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Bravo @AngInCanada! Your results speak for themselves. The slim-down factor on this WOE is remarkable.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration! Way to go!!
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Wow those are great pics to show off your hard work and great results

Very impressive!
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic progress, wtg! You're braver than me, I hold onto that scale
  • AngInCanada
    Options
    TiaBia9 wrote: »
    That is fantastic progress, wtg! You're braver than me, I hold onto that scale

Lol I had to get the kids to hide it. Said do NOT for ANY reason tell me where it is u til July 4th (have to weigh in for a dietbet). I base my progress way too strongly on what the scale says so its a good thing :) I dug out a pair of jeans that are too small for me so I am basing my progress on the jeans :)
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    Good job, great pictures ! Sure wish I had a before picture. What a difference, you must be so pleased. What I notice on myself and I can see in your photos, is that the arms hang differently. I feel like my arms are longer and hand straight down....Can you feel the difference ?
  • AngInCanada
    Options
    Kitnthecat wrote: »
    Good job, great pictures ! Sure wish I had a before picture. What a difference, you must be so pleased. What I notice on myself and I can see in your photos, is that the arms hang differently. I feel like my arms are longer and hand straight down....Can you feel the difference ?

Lol yes! The arms hang long rather than feeling like an orangutang. Lol
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    Nice isn't it ? That's when I notice that something's missing...my extra wide hips used to be there but they're not as wide anymore !
  • AngInCanada
    Options
    Nice isn't it ? That's when I notice that something's missing...my extra wide hips used to be there but they're not as wide anymore !

Yeah...it must be the side boobs shrinking ;)
  • 35in90
    35in90 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    that is fantastic in 36 days! 13 lbs is a lot, but you look as though you've lost even more! congratulations!
  • SlimBride2Be
    SlimBride2Be Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    You look fab! Well done!
  • bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Who needs a scale when the results are that clearly visible?! Way to go!!!
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options

Yeah...it must be the side boobs shrinking ;)

Now that is true but something a guy could never find a safe way to say!

It is a funny thing.

I have lost over 100 lbs.

It has a slimming effect on the waist and all of the torso taper area.

A female friend made a very flattering observation.

And you know, some compliments stick with you on days of low motivation, days when you are tired and don't feel like working it

Thank goodness for friends that encourage each other!

You never know when you give somebody that pick me up they need!

This thread is a great reminder of the power of encouragement

Rock on!
  • cottagegirl71
    cottagegirl71 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    who needs the scale - you look amazing! :)
  • Sugarbeat
    Sugarbeat Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Great job! I remember an interview I read with Miranda Lambert where they were asking her how many pounds she lost (as opposed to a question about her career, of course) and she said something to the effect of "Who cares how many pounds I lost? Its the smaller jeans size I care about." I'm both quoting and paraphrasing but I liked the gist of it.
  • Fvaisey
    Fvaisey Posts: 5,506 Member
    Options
    Great progress! I think the biggest difference is the smile.
  • dalansteiner
    dalansteiner Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I am a scientist and am therefore addicted to the data my scale provides. I weigh just before bed and just after I get up.

I don't care for the bad news it gives, but I still want the data. Which I sm missing right now as I am out of town for 2 weeks. Staying with the diet and exercise, so we'll see if I get a pleasant surprise or shockingly bad news when I get back.