refuse to buy

Options
Ginnaye2014
Ginnaye2014 Posts: 36 Member
So what are some food or drink items that you refuse to buy in fat free or sugar free?

Replies

• Ginnaye2014
    Options
    I refuse to buy ff sf coffee creamer. It taste like crap. I will use spends and regular non flavored creamer like half n half in my coffee though.
  • HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I wont buy diet or fat free sour cream it tastes funny and i use twice as much. I think that's about it for me though i don't use diet just because they make it.
  • FloraJL
    FloraJL Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I pretty much don't buy anything advertised as "diet", "reduced calorie", "lower fat" things when there's a full-fat version of it (except for Diet Coke!)
    284oie5nwhmh.jpg
  • jltheis7
    jltheis7 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I refuse to buy ff sf coffee creamer. It taste like crap. I will use spends and regular non flavored creamer like half n half in my coffee though.

This is so true...

I will drink plain coffee rather than add sf/ff creamer. It tastes awful. A cup of French roast with a splash of half and half is worth the bit of extra fat.
  • Ginnaye2014
    Options
    I agree. I want to enjoy my coffee
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I pretty much stopped buying most sugar/fat free, low fat stuff when I started reading nutrition/ingredient labels years ago. I was reading because new allergies were cropping up. When they start taking out sugar and fat, the list of ingredients gets very long and seems to constantly evolve as the general public learns what each new word really means. I'm not saying everyone has to avoid these things. It's my own personal experiences and allergies.

I do get fat free plain yogurt solely because protein is much higher in it. I almost never buy already flavored yogurt because so many brands add stuff I have to avoid.
  • forgivensins
    forgivensins Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I don't think I buy anything sugar/fat free. I tried. But I just can't. I do buy low fat yogurt though but only like once a month and I've been thinking about switching to regular.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    I prefer not to buy sugar free/low fat/etc because of the taste, and because some sugars give me an upset stomach/headache. Amusingly, I have to get G2 gatoraide because regular makes my stomach upset since they switched off using regular sugar.
  • teacherchana
    teacherchana Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I refuse to buy fat free salad dressing- Walden Farms is disgusting!
  • sarapeatro
    sarapeatro Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I refuse to get fat free sour cream or any sugar free candy. Would rather do without.
  • ScrAgnX
    ScrAgnX Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    The Harbo Sugar Free Gummy Bears.

I do read the reviews on Amazon whenever I need a laugh though.
  • JoetteCampbell
    JoetteCampbell Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    No diet soda for me - better off with unsweet tea - and no FF sour cream. I am fine with nonfat Greek yogurt and 2% cheese, 1% or nonfat milk, and sandwich thin bread.
  • ImWhisper
    ImWhisper Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    ScrAgnX wrote: »
    The Harbo Sugar Free Gummy Bears.

I do read the reviews on Amazon whenever I need a laugh though.

O!M!G!
    Do not drink anything while reading these!!!
  • dinobomp
    dinobomp Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    No diet soda or drinks, no ff sour cream, cream cheese, cheese or similar...what's the point??. It tastes horrible!! I just bought some sucralose, and will see how it does...but I've gotten used to unsweetened tea with just lemon or orange crystals in it. It's more refreshing than sweet tea! My philosophy is to eat the real thing, or skip it...and I'm way off of sugar except for fruit.
  • 300to1derland
    300to1derland Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Diet soda. The aspartame in it plays holy hell with my body. I'd rather go without and stick with water.
  • slaunderville
    slaunderville Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Cream cheese :)