New Guy

Options
farrar8217
farrar8217 Posts: 9 Member
This is the first time I've joined a group on MFP.
I figured it is another good way to keep myself accountable.
So a little about me, I usually hate doing these introductions.

I am from southern middle Tennessee. A huge Tennessee Vols fan.

Above all I am a Christian. Jesus is my Lord and I let Him rule my life.

I have been married for 8 1/2 months to the best woman in the world. She takes care of me way too well. We are currently trying for our first child.

I went to the Doc in April and he wanted me to lose 10lbs in 2 months. I started exercising like a mad man, but not watching what I eat. I figured I could just burn off anything I wanted. The secret is, "It's really hard to burn off that many calories when you eat a whole pizza for supper." I went back to the doc, expecting to have lost like 15lbs. I was sure I was going to make him proud. Turns out I gained 8 pounds. I was devastated. He suggested I try MFP. I already had the app, and was playing with it a little, but not committed.

I have been faithfully logging my food and my exercise for a little over a week, and I have been amazed at the results. I lost 9 pounds last week. I'm excited about what the next couple of months hold for me.

Replies

• HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group. Ansd way to go on the first 9 lbs :)
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    MimiOfTheLusciousLawn Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Great loss! Welcome to the MFP communities and good luck on your lifes journey!
  • teacherchana
    teacherchana Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your marriage! We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us!
  • shballa
    shballa Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Welcome and be proud of yourself for making the commitment to improve yourself.
  • Miss_Mania
    Miss_Mania Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your loss!! Welcome to the group!! You deserve to be the best version of you!!