Sensational Summer Exercise Challenge, Mon Jun 8 to Aug 16 (70 days) - Join Anytime

Options
rlshelor
rlshelor Posts: 597 Member
Sensational Summer
Exercise Challenge
70 Day Challenge
Running from Monday Jun 8th to Sunday Aug 16th

SensationalSummer_Lrg_zpsedoo1ang.jpg

The Rules are Simple:

• Decide your goal for the challenge. Whether it is minutes, miles, number of sit-ups or some other measure that is important to you. Most of us use minutes as our goal. To calculate your goal decide how many days you plan on working out and multiple by how much you expect to do each day. The challenge is a 70 days or 10 weeks. You determine your goal. Make it attainable but challenging.

• We recommend you create a little diary or Windows document to track your exercise numbers. This can include the date started, ending date, total minutes of your goal and your daily or weekly goal. This way it will be easier to reflect on how you are doing mid-challenge and even after the challenge has ended. I personally use a spreadsheet to track my workouts.

• Create a ticker to display your numbers through out the challenge. There are several places to get tickers including the NS website under the Community menu, www.tickerfactory.com, www.lilyslim.com and www.myfitnesspal.com; among others.

• Get Moving!! Any vigorous movement that is outside your daily routine counts. But be sure to make a mental note of how many minutes you did it. For example, pulling kids in wagon through park 20 mins, dancing at wedding 42 mins, sit-ups 6 mins, walking fast 30 mins, etc.

• Try to check in with the challenge group daily. Give us a short note to tell us what you did, how you feel, what worked, what didn't. And of course, tell us how many minutes you ticked off toward your total goal. When you post your minutes, please highlight them in red and bold. We also like to cheer if your activity has caused your scale to go down so feel free to tell us about your weight losses too. We are a great group for encouragement, support and advice.

• Don't forget to read everyone else's posts and to give them some love for their efforts.

• After you have posted and commented, update your ticker and notice how far it jumped toward your goal. At first it will seem like a very long distance...but suddenly, your goal will be in sight. That is the best part, watching that ticker move ever closer to your goal.

JOIN US ANYTIME!
ALL ARE WELCOME!!
NO CUT OFF TIME FOR JOINING

Thanks to Lori and Carol, who created our very first challenge back in January 2011.
Thanks to Marjorie, who kept the threads running for so long.
And thanks to everyone who participates and sweats in support of each other.

Replies

• rlshelor
    Options
    Affirmationsforexercisemotivation_zps837e61f2.jpg
  • rlshelor
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Here are the graphics for your signature.

Two sizes to choose from.

Pmf0IP

RuFbTG

If you need any help on how to do your signature just ask.

Roger
    3pT5F
    Goal: June 24, 2012

event.png

exercise.png

eZzyRLPmf0IP

• rlshelor
    Options
    Goal: 1200 Minutes

Setting my goal low since I am still recovering from surgery. I am frustrated with my recovery. I expected to be farther along by this point. I am walking mostly without crutches now. I use crutches sometimes in public just to be safe. But walking can be quite labored sometimes. I still have some pain in my foot on occasion. I go back to the doctor next Monday and I had fully expected to be ready to be released back to work at that point. But I'm not sure if I will be ready come Monday.

Hopefully everyone else is doing a lot better than me. I see several made goal for the last challenge. Way to go everyone.

357_zpsd1d96229.jpg

Roger
    3pT5F
    Goal: June 24, 2012

event.png

exercise.png

eZzyRLPmf0IP
  • Nightingale2200
    Nightingale2200 Posts: 1,183 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I'm in!!!! I set a goal of:

6000 minutes for the 10 weeks

I hope you get stronger every day, Roger. I know how frustrating surgery can be. I had TKR a couple years ago and it was difficult, especially at my age.

nxfs0gjifh4h.gifdaz7u6bv93by.gif

88492762.png yvpo8w8c7k41.gif

exercise.png

f.gifl.gifo.gif
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    I was 5 minutes short of my daily goal today. 95 instead of 100.

I'll keep on plugging.

I hope your appointment goes well next week, Roger.
  • aproudmom
    aproudmom Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    New here. I would like to try for 1500 minutes. Hope to achieve it. I will be out of town for a while. Now I have to figure out the tracker/ticker for 1500.
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    200 minutes 6/10

exercise.png

f.gifl.gifo.gif

• aproudmom
    aproudmom Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    80 of 1500. Tried to follow fitness ticker instructions. Please explain how to add a ticker.
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    Hi, aproudmom

I went to tickerfactory: http://www.tickerfactory.com/ezticker/ticker_designer.php

Look down a little and click on Exercise & Fitness Ticker.

The page will load to select your ticker ruler and after you do that, click next. Then, you will have to select a ticker slider ... then click next.

Next, you will have to put in a password/pin number. It will ask you for this information when you return to update your ticker. Click next.

Then, copy the bbCode and paste here.

When you need to update the ticker, just click on the ticker in your post and it automatically takes you to the ticker to make the edit(s).

• suegen1
    suegen1 Posts: 432 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Hi everybody...count me in as exercise is something I am still struggling with...it's not that I don't exercise (I joined a gym and go there usually 2 - 3 times a week) but I feel like I could do more.....soooo here I am :).

Will get a ticker going but my goal will be 5000 minutes = 10 weeks

If I do more then this is great :).

Pmf0IP

exercise.png

s.gifu.gife.gif
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    Glad you joined, sue. :):)
  • suegen1
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Glad you joined, sue. :):)

Me too :) I know it's going to help me!

exercise.png

Pmf0IP

s.gifu.gife.gif
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    102 minutes 6/11

exercise.png

f.gifl.gifo.gif
  • dia_shewolf
    dia_shewolf Posts: 177 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    thanks for starting this again Roger and for the icon :)

i think i'm going to stick with my goal from last month since it was very tight on getting it done and i know there are day's i'll be spending most of it in a car that i'll lose ground on, not to mention busy season at work...

right now i'm just happy to stay moving with all the aches n such lol

Goal: 182 miles

~kel

MFP - Any shorties out there?

weight.png
    exercise.png
    2qvv66r.jpgvn2jvb.jpg

• Nightingale2200
    Options
    Hi, Kel!! :)
  • dia_shewolf
    dia_shewolf Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    hey Flo :) i'm trying to stay caught up LOL... work's hitting busy season so it's getting a bit challenging but i try to at least peek in daily if i'm not posting :)

huggs :)

~kel
  • suegen1
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Good evening all :),

it was a good day today and with a bit of luck I am hitting a huge goal tomorrow....more info tomorrow...don't want to jinx myself (not sure if I even spelled that right lol)

anyways...started my challenge yesterday with 30 min. walking the dogs and today went for the gym for an hour.

soo.... 06/10 30 min. 06/11 60 min.

I hope everybody is doing well....:)....nice job Flo!!!!

Pmf0IP

exercise.png

s.gifu.gife.gif

• Nightingale2200
    Options
    Back at ya, Kel. :)

Thanks, Sue.

So, you better come back tomorrow and tell us about the "huge goal". :)
  • suegen1
    Options
    Back at ya, Kel. :)

Thanks, Sue.

So, you better come back tomorrow and tell us about the "huge goal". :)

Will do!! :)
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    105 minutes 6/12

exercise.png

f.gifl.gifo.gif