Numi versus old Nutrisystem programs

Options
pldsparks
pldsparks Posts: 11 Member
I am new to Nutrisystem, but so far I seem to like the old version before Numi. Comments?

Replies

• Nightingale2200
    Nightingale2200 Posts: 1,183 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Yeah, I liked doing NS and was disappointed when it went away (I had only been doing NS for about 2 weeks when we were told about NuMi).

I only use NuMi, however, to track/log my weight so I can get the Nutribears. I use NS to manage all my orders.

I honestly like MFP a lot better for logging foods and tracking my exercise (I track my weight on MFP, too). Seems to be a better selection and easier to log. Of course, I've been doing it for weeks now and it's second (or first?) habit. LOL!
  • pattyperkins927
    pattyperkins927 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I got an email today saying that the tracking tools themselves on NS are finally shutting down also, and NuMi will be the only way to track with NS now. I never really got into NuMi or NS much, because it announced they were shutting down the forums about the same time I joined, so I just never got started. I was already in MFP so I just stayed here. I like MFP because their food database is amazing and I rarely have to guess/force feed ANYTHING into a category to track it. Love IT! I do use NS for orders now though.
  • evhutchings
    evhutchings Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    The old ms website was great for learning the tricks tips etc for making this program work...the bloggers there were open, warm and non judgmental...that is what you will find here in this group...many of us formed very close bonds on the ms website and it felt like family...again...that is what you will find with this group...we are all about encouragement, upbuilding, sharing how to make this journey/lifestyle work with or without no foods....numi for me is too impersonal....I found that the most important part of this journey is the support and the people on the journey not the no food, counsellors or their info, but the feedback from the people on the same path I am on....
  • jrp29646
    jrp29646 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I don't care much for NuMi. I use it to get the bears. I didn't realize that we got real stuffed bears until I got my first one for losing 10 pounds. I like this site much better. It's easier to track food and exercise, and I like the support here.
  • pldsparks
    pldsparks Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am anxious to get my first nutribear. should come with my next order. :)
  • evhutchings
    Options
    I hate autocorrect...just re read my post...every time it said no it was supposed to be ns!!!!!
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    I knew what you meant, ev. :smile:

CONGRATS P!!! Nice job. :smile:
  • mariawhipple64
    mariawhipple64 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I didn't realize you got real bears wish I put my starting weigh on it
  • evhutchings
    Options
    Call ns explain they can fix ur starting weight and u can get ur bear!

• slowgrannie
    slowgrannie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi to everyone, This is my first post. I am not so new to Nutrisystem (on my 11th week). Weight coming off slowly. Fast Five didn't do much for me. I too have gotten to the 10 lb mark and they said I have a Nutribear. Unfortunately, I cannot figure out how to retrieve it. I used the NS and I am disappointed it is going away but I am trying to use NuMi. NS to me is better. I have to look around too much for the foods I need to log. I read the boards at NS and followed a number of people over here to this sight. Where do you log your weight? Still fumbling around NuMi and MFP.
  • mariawhipple64
    mariawhipple64 Posts: 22 Member
    Options

Ns has my starting weight but that muni app has my last weight in
  • 1Ginabb
    1Ginabb Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I did like the weight tracker and of course the 50 clicks kept me signing in daily...but MFP is easy to use. So I guess I'll be alright.
  • evhutchings
    Options

Ns has my starting weight but that muni app has my last weight in
    If you call they will fix the NuMi numbers

• evhutchings
    Options
    1Ginabb wrote: »
    I did like the weight tracker and of course the 50 clicks kept me signing in daily...but MFP is easy to use. So I guess I'll be alright.
    I think if they would do the clicks on NuMi more people would go there and TRY to make it work...if you go to the Facebook NS bloggers page the newbies are already up in arms over NuMi!!!! You see a very negative attitude on that fb page....lots of complaints....pictures of spoiled foods....food in wrong packages.....its full of negativity...depressing there...I go for recipes and to try to motivate, but it's hard being around people quitting the program before they give the journey its proper due...things like " well I cheated 2 days no didn't exercise or drink my water and I didn't lose the 5 lbs they said I would lose....I'm canceling".... Really? At least we had people pushing us to follow the program properly and learn the skills we needed to make this the lifestyle it is supposed to be and not some quick fix diet!!!!!.... Sorry for the rant!

• chwomack53
    chwomack53 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Not to be sorry Ev. Well said. Even with us pushing each other I would still see some negative folks, looking for a quick fix. Everyone in my friends list is looking for a new lifestyle and want to be healthy. That is why we support each other, and why we wanted NS to support us, by providing the tools we pay for. Now I am ranting. Again well said. Let's keep on moving forward.
  • evhutchings
    Options
    Thanks, Charlie....i was feeling like it was only me that still had pent up feelings for how NS hsndled this change
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    ... feeling like it was only me

Nope and although I was pretty new to NS when all of it changed, I still thought it was and is a poor decision.

BUT, I have to say, I dearly love it at MFP. I have found a home.

Everyone in my friends list is looking for a new lifestyle and want to be healthy.

Tee-totally agree with you, Charlie. :)
  • RoCla
    RoCla Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi to everyone, This is my first post. I am not so new to Nutrisystem (on my 11th week). Weight coming off slowly. Fast Five didn't do much for me. I too have gotten to the 10 lb mark and they said I have a Nutribear. Unfortunately, I cannot figure out how to retrieve it. I used the NS and I am disappointed it is going away but I am trying to use NuMi. NS to me is better. I have to look around too much for the foods I need to log. I read the boards at NS and followed a number of people over here to this sight. Where do you log your weight? Still fumbling around NuMi and MFP.

Welcome. I don't post much, but am always lurking in the shadows... Congratulations on your first 10 pounds!!! If NS tells you you have earned a bear, it will be in your next order. I am waiting on # 3 and tickled to death. Who would think a little stuffed bear could mean so much?

• RoCla
    RoCla Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    chwomack53 wrote: »
    Not to be sorry Ev. Well said. Even with us pushing each other I would still see some negative folks, looking for a quick fix. Everyone in my friends list is looking for a new lifestyle and want to be healthy. That is why we support each other, and why we wanted NS to support us, by providing the tools we pay for. Now I am ranting. Again well said. Let's keep on moving forward.

Sometimes we all need to vent...
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    RoCla wrote: »

Welcome. I don't post much, but am always lurking in the shadows... Congratulations on your first 10 pounds!!! If NS tells you you have earned a bear, it will be in your next order. I am waiting on # 3 and tickled to death. Who would think a little stuffed bear could mean so much?

Hello RoCla. I am Flo.

I know what you mean. I'm working on #3 right now. I am so proud of mine. :)