Numi versus old Nutrisystem programs

Options
2»

Replies

• shedthesweater
    shedthesweater Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I thought NuMi was going to work for me after all the changes, but after using MFP here, WOW! everything pops up so far, and not some scavenger hunt to find the food. Love it here! Using NuMi only for weighing in, and reading a few articles. Lost interest in NS site after they took down the blogs and discussion boards.
  • chwomack53
    chwomack53 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I thought NuMi was going to work for me after all the changes, but after using MFP here, WOW! everything pops up so far, and not some scavenger hunt to find the food. Love it here! Using NuMi only for weighing in, and reading a few articles. Lost interest in NS site after they took down the blogs and discussion boards.

I'm sure everyone got the message, the NS tracking tools are being taken down the 22nd. I need to call because NUMI has me at 20lbs.
  • pattyperkins927
    pattyperkins927 Posts: 156 Member
    Options

I find it interesting that the message boards are still referenced throughout the NS website though . . .
  • Matilem
    Matilem Posts: 6 Member
    Options

I find it interesting that the message boards are still referenced throughout the NS website though . . .

I thought it was interesting how the boards are still available if you google for something or if you have a link bookmarked. It seems like NS just disabled the main buttons that take to you to the message boards.
  • SueBready
    SueBready Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Lost interest in NS site after they took down the blogs and discussion boards.
    Yep, my thoughts EXACTLY! I log my food in another app but I come here for the social aspect. This group ROCKS!
  • evhutchings
    evhutchings Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    SueBready wrote: »
    Lost interest in NS site after they took down the blogs and discussion boards.
    Yep, my thoughts EXACTLY! I log my food in another app but I come here for the social aspect. This group ROCKS!
    Where are you food logging?

• pldsparks
    pldsparks Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I scan my NS items into mfp. I find it to be faster than looking them up. The scanner is awesome. Picks up most everything. I didn't have much luck with the scanner in numi
  • Nightingale2200
    Nightingale2200 Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Me, too, P.
  • RoCla
    RoCla Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Patty and Matilem, I may be able to shed a little light on the presence of the reference to blogs and availability in search. Long story - short version...I do web sites. Often, in my experience, when redesigning a site, clients jump the gun on launch of a new and improved site giving the designers and code monkeys little initial time to launch, but more time to revise text and other details after the new "look" is in place. Additionally, it takes forever to make sure all older pages have been removed. They may be sitting in half a dozen folders throughout a server and it takes time to locate and remove files not linked to the current site. Google also "archives" sites for a period of time leaving "ghost" pages out there. Getting the new site indexed and updated in search engines takes time as well. Add to this the risk of returning error messages until the new index is in place and the very real risk of degraded search engine results, a lot of ghost pages are floating around on the internet. A lot of the changes to the NS site appear to me to be designed to comply with the new Google "mobile ready" guidelines. In May, Google mandated that any site not "mobile ready" would be dropped from mobile search results. This was a HUGE problem for many sites and a lot of designers like me were furiously redesigning sites. And, mobile does not just refer to phones. We are talking iPads, notebooks, smaller screened laptops, tablets, etc. This had the potential of costing companies millions in lost customers. You get the idea. I know this is a lot more info than anyone probably wants or needs, but there you have it.
  • pattyperkins927
    pattyperkins927 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    RoCla wrote: »
    Patty and Matilem, I may be able to shed a little light on the presence of the reference to blogs and availability in search. Long story - short version...I do web sites. Often, in my experience, when redesigning a site, clients jump the gun on launch of a new and improved site giving the designers and code monkeys little initial time to launch, but more time to revise text and other details after the new "look" is in place. Additionally, it takes forever to make sure all older pages have been removed. They may be sitting in half a dozen folders throughout a server and it takes time to locate and remove files not linked to the current site. Google also "archives" sites for a period of time leaving "ghost" pages out there. Getting the new site indexed and updated in search engines takes time as well. Add to this the risk of returning error messages until the new index is in place and the very real risk of degraded search engine results, a lot of ghost pages are floating around on the internet. A lot of the changes to the NS site appear to me to be designed to comply with the new Google "mobile ready" guidelines. In May, Google mandated that any site not "mobile ready" would be dropped from mobile search results. This was a HUGE problem for many sites and a lot of designers like me were furiously redesigning sites. And, mobile does not just refer to phones. We are talking iPads, notebooks, smaller screened laptops, tablets, etc. This had the potential of costing companies millions in lost customers. You get the idea. I know this is a lot more info than anyone probably wants or needs, but there you have it.

thanks --- Makes me feel a little bad thinking that someone had gotten really lazy . . .
  • 1Ginabb
    1Ginabb Posts: 77 Member
    Options

Same here...only use NuMi to get my Bears. I hope NS takes a look at what people are saying. I notice Atkins has done some similar things, must be some over paid CEO type with new ideas on the board making these choices. I am still surprised they went through with taking down most of the site even after the customers said 'don't'. and yes, I do like MFP, but I would like to weigh in and track on the sight again...plus the 50 clicks. I never even take a look at the Daily Dose anymore.