Options
valmaebel
valmaebel Posts: 1,045 Member

Replies

• valmaebel
    valmaebel Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Marla - hope your massage was amazing!

Laura - bummer about the classes being cancelled. But I'm glad you've been pain free now for a bit. Your careful patience is paying off!

Sammy - We have a Bowflex we use for weight lifting. We love it! I like not having to do my weight lifting in front of everyone at the gym.

So, hubby has strained his back pretty bad. It's the first time he's ever had his back hurt, so he's pretty miserable. I love the guy, but he can be so whiney sometimes lol. He had only marginal sympathy when I had thrown my back out several years ago. I'm definitely more sympathetic, knowing how it affects everything. So he's resting it up for the next few days.

Today is my sessions with my trainer. Excited to see what we do today! We're meeting in the afternoon this time since I hafe vbs in the morning. I've also decided to stop weighing myself frequently. My weight has been fluctuating a lot up and down, even though I've been consistently eating well and getting workouts in. I think I need a break from that and it should help me refocus on the things I can actually control. I'll still be counting calories and such, but only going to weight in at the start of each month.

Have a great day everyone!
  • auntsammy88
    auntsammy88 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Today was day 4 of YAYOG (side lunges, squats, russian twists, and 1 legged romanian deadlifts). I also got in 4.5 miles on my bike this morning. Time to eat some lunch and go the the grocery store for more fruits and veggies! 5 days until vacation!
  • auntsammy88
    Options
    Today was day 4 of YAYOG (side lunges, squats, russian twists, and 1 legged romanian deadlifts). I also got in 4.5 miles on my bike this morning. Time to eat some lunch and go the the grocery store for more fruits and veggies! 5 days until vacation! Have a nice day Ladies!
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    Hi! Reporting in even though I'm not too thrilled with my report. Achilles really acted up today. I decided just to casually walk and it helped but I'm thinking of recovery strategies for my right leg at this point. Time to get out of denial. :-(. On top of that my eating has been bad and I'm really starting to undo some of this year's progress so I have to get myself together ASAP. A lot of ideas in my head but with my disruptive schedule over the next 3mos, idk what to start knowing I won't get far between travels. (Traveling USA jun 21st, beach27th, back jul 4th, DC 21st, home Aug 3rd, island approx 6th thru Sep).

Sammy I've always been interested in YAYOG and might look for the book when I'm in the U.S. Do you like it so far?

Val, I hope your hubby's injury gets better soon. Have fun with your trainer. Hope you don't end up too sore.
  • Aprilfoolbride
    Aprilfoolbride Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    DAMN YOU TRADER JOES AND YOUR DELICIOUS DARK CHOCOLATE ALMOND BAR
  • agingwithfitness
    agingwithfitness Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Hi all, errands in new area and met with construction realtor. Saw some almost finished homes and walked around on dirt, lol of 3 lots, choose one and will find out from builder soon if our plans fit that lot. Hubby wanted to have both realtors for new and old and i said i can't be split like that or feel bad wasting time of realtor of older homes.

So he called her to tell her we are building home.

I didnt get any exercise today...tomorrow going to finally walk on beach. So funny we have been here since monday and havent been to ocean yet and its not far away!

• auntsammy88
    Options
    Sherry: I love it! I have the Body By You book, but the YAYOG that I'm doing is their app for smart phones and it's a really great tool ($2.99 in the US).