NS help

Options
2»

Replies

• lynne0754
    lynne0754 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Beesma - thank you for the encouragement! My 'high' level of exercise is extremely brisk walking - for at least 30 minutes a day, which is all my body can handle. Because of the damage I've done to my poor knees over the years, I can't run and I can't do much squatting and no kneeling because of the pain. I will do some strength exercises every few days as well though I haven't been as consistent with that as I have been the walking. My daily step total is almost always 10,000 steps or slightly below and sometimes above. I move fast normally, which is why I've fallen a lot. I have my German grandmother's tough bones so I've not broken anything when I've fallen, which is a good thing. :) I also stand a good part of my day at work because I have an attachment to my desk that allows me to do that. I probably stand at least 5-6 hours - maybe more.
  • BeesmaMFP
    BeesmaMFP Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    lynne0754 wrote: »
    Beesma - thank you for the encouragement! My 'high' level of exercise is extremely brisk walking - for at least 30 minutes a day, which is all my body can handle. Because of the damage I've done to my poor knees over the years, I can't run and I can't do much squatting and no kneeling because of the pain. I will do some strength exercises every few days as well though I haven't been as consistent with that as I have been the walking. My daily step total is almost always 10,000 steps or slightly below and sometimes above. I move fast normally, which is why I've fallen a lot. I have my German grandmother's tough bones so I've not broken anything when I've fallen, which is a good thing. :) I also stand a good part of my day at work because I have an attachment to my desk that allows me to do that. I probably stand at least 5-6 hours - maybe more.

I can relate to knee pain! I had total knee replacement surgery just over three months ago. I was in excruciating pain prior to the surgery and have absolutely no pain in my knee now! It'll still be healing for another six months, but I'm well on my way. You sound almost apologetic that you don't do more than walk, but walking is great exercise! When I lost the weight reflected in the photos above, walking was my main form of exercise, as it is now.

As far as the level of your activity, it's similar to mine, which I consider "lightly active" by the standards of most of the activity descriptions I've seen. I walk (usually 3 to 4 miles per day) and my step count averages just shy of 13,000 per day. I do add a PF on the days I walk or do another type of workout, which is usually every day. If I were you, I'd add a PF and see if that gets the scale working again. It can be a matter of experimenting to see what your body responds to. Earlier today, I got some frustrating news at work so instead of comfort eating (which I would have done previously), I went out and did a 3.5-mile walk! I was worn out when I got home! And, I also had a protein shake--that's typically what I do.

Good luck!
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    Your starting weight n how much you have to lose affect the rate. A 300- pound person can lose more quickly than a 150-pound person. Also, if your not already had it checked, your thyroid level really affects weight! Kelp clear on your reasons why you want to lose the weight and keep trying.
  • mariawhipple64
    mariawhipple64 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Can person who is 16 do Nutrisystem?
  • BeesmaMFP
    BeesmaMFP Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    Can person who is 16 do Nutrisystem?

NS says you have to be 18. If someone under 18 attempts to order, they won't allow it.
  • lynne0754
    lynne0754 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Your starting weight n how much you have to lose affect the rate. A 300- pound person can lose more quickly than a 150-pound person. Also, if your not already had it checked, your thyroid level really affects weight! Kelp clear on your reasons why you want to lose the weight and keep trying.

Thanks! My ultimate goal in losing weight is to be healthy because of the history of heart disease and diabetes in my family history but also because it will help my joint issues as well, I believe. My small frame is not made to carry this extra weight I've been carrying now for 10 years. I'll keep trying for now though I'm beginning to feel like that no matter what I do/try, I won't be able to lose the weight.