New to this group from NY

Options
leslea110
leslea110 Posts: 2 Member
Just want to introduce myself..Female, 63 yrs old. Type 2 diabetic and going back to low carb after 12 years. Stuck to the plan I did 12 years ago, when I was not diabetic, for 3 weeks and lost no weight. Put in todays food in my fitness pal and wow...Am below their recommendation in calories. Way up in protein and fats. That includes dinner.
Am confused as to what to eat. Any help would be appreciated.

Replies

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    Welcome. At 64 I can tell you I do not lose like I did years ago. Weight loss can be nearly impossible if insulin levels are way high.

Google and read then do it more everyday is helping this old dog learn new tricks.

There are many here in the same boat and they will be helpful. I have been learning for 8 months now but things are finally going in the right direction.
  • mlinton_mesapark
    mlinton_mesapark Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say, welcome! I'm new here, too. It's a great little community within a community. The Low-Carb Rebels, I'd say.

I wish you the best of success in your efforts to improve your health and well-being. Check out the resources under the "Start Here" announcement post when you have a moment, it's very helpful info.

Cheers,

Mary
  • 35in90
    35in90 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm new too, so I don't have much advice, but just wanted to say hi. You will love it here; folks are amazing.
  • LemonMarmalade
    LemonMarmalade Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome to this great little community! I am relatively new too. Everyone here is wonderful. You will find a lot of knowledge and support here!
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    How can you be under calories but way up in protein and fat?

What is your calorie goal?

What are you aiming for (in grams) for fat, protein, and carbs?

Can you tell us what a typical day of eating is like for you (or open up your diary)?