Options
2»

Replies

• exwilson
    exwilson Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    NJCHERYL78 wrote: »
    Anyone in the NJ area?

Hey Cheryl. I'm from NJ. Feel free to add me. (And that goes for anyone).
  • prayersinchairs
    prayersinchairs Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say hi all.
    I just started insanity and going into this hard.
  • jazzine1
    jazzine1 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I am doing the low carb thing :) along with the calorie counting. Been here since Jan been looking around and doing lots of reading. From time to time I comment on boards.
  • baldielove13
    baldielove13 Posts: 219 Member
    Options

I have a question/topic..... kinda related to gltb.... would you date/relationship with someone else that is also losing weight? If so, have you been there before... made the relationship stronger? Helped each other? OR did it hurt each other? My exwife and I were married in June 2011... by fall of 2012 we were going our own ways. She had weight lost sugery and I was finding myself again to loss weight (I had put myself on hold to care for her). I don't think I could do that again..... BUT if a woman wants to do it the "old fashion way" with me :-)

I do. We don't necessarily workout together, but we eat the same things. We kinda do our own thing, but we're both working to lose weight. I wanna get cute(r), she wants to become healthier, and prep for kids.
  • Joliekay1582
    Joliekay1582 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    monikker wrote: »
    Maybe we should talk about what all the LGBTQ folk are doing diet/fitness wise.

Today I'm starting a low carb regimen in addition to fasted cardio/working out that I've been doing the last 2 weeks. I want to lose about 5 lbs basically as a detox, then bulk to build muscle as I'm skinny except for the few lbs on my belly and love handles. What are y'all up to?

Lol I love the word skinny. I like this app and the community is pretty decent. I've made some friends that I feel I can talk diet, cravings, clothes that fit or don't, and even food info. I wanna add weightlifting to my routine. I just haven't yet... I dunno maybe lazy... Anyway good luck to u on ur detox!
  • rightaboutmeow
    rightaboutmeow Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I didn't even know this group existed until today ,and I've been on MFP over a year hahaha.
    Probably because I honestly try and stay away from the forums as much as possible if at all possible. Too much ugly thrown around on there. But I was actually looking for more gay friends so this is awesome.
    :)
    Not that it matters that much, I like straight folks just fine, lol, but when I post something about me and my girlfriend I feel like it's like...tumbleweeds. lol no one says anything bad about it but no one really says anything and I think it's because, well, they don't get it. They aren't gay. And that's fine, but I'd like to add some folks who get it too.
    If that even makes sense hahaha.
  • Kwizzic
    Kwizzic Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Not that it matters that much, I like straight folks just fine, lol, but when I post something about me and my girlfriend I feel like it's like...tumbleweeds. lol no one says anything bad about it but no one really says anything and I think it's because, well, they don't get it. They aren't gay. And that's fine, but I'd like to add some folks who get it too.
    I totally get it! I get that reaction even from my close friends when I talk about crushing on girls. (Then again, they're almost all asexual, which probably has something to do with it.)
  • peacehawk
    peacehawk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I didn't even know this group existed until today ,and I've been on MFP over a year hahaha.
    Probably because I honestly try and stay away from the forums as much as possible if at all possible. Too much ugly thrown around on there. But I was actually looking for more gay friends so this is awesome.

This is a good forum. There's really not much negativity on here. It's kind of funny that straight people don't know what to say. All the straight relationships I know of face the same challenges as ours, without the added stress of fighting to be legally recognized, adoption, healthcare POA, etc. We all struggle with finances, in-laws, health concerns, miscommunications. We also share the same joys: love, companionship, friends, etc. I'm not sure where their confusion lies.

when I first joined MFP, I was hesitant about mentioning my partner on my wall, but now, I don't even think twice. I think I may have even gotten some straight people more comforrable with the notion of our existance. Last month, on the day of the SCOTUS arguments, I logged walking at a slow pace for 45 minutes, then commented that I had helped to lead a Marriage Equality Rally. I got lots of positive comments and likes, many of them from straight people.

welcome to the best forum around!