Not Doing 21DF. Now what?

Options
SatiaRenee
SatiaRenee Posts: 798 Member
I think it was @dixiewhiskey who said she wouldn't be around the group as much because she wasn't going to be dong 21 Day Fix and/or Extreme for a while.

This brings up an interesting question. What does a group member do when they decide to move onto other workout programs? The focus of this group has been Autumn's workouts, although many of us are doing other things (doing other beachbody programs, going to the gym, running, training for marathons, etc) so it hasn't been exclusively focused on just 21DF/X.

There are arguments for saying just because someone isn't dong 21DF and/or 21DFX that we are building a community and having people leave or participate less is not conducive to keeping the sense of community strong.

However, there are equally valid arguments to be made that over time the group could lose its focus altogether and new members and people new to 21DF/X might feel lost or like they've joined the wrong group.

So I thought I'd throw it out to all of you and see what thoughts you have about what you would prefer to see in the group and also what you yourself would prefer to do when you decide you no longer want to do Autumn's workouts every day.

Replies

• mrsmuckster
    mrsmuckster Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I suppose had someone known how this group would evolve it might have been called a "Beachbody group", but I like reading about what other people, such as yourself are doing as I get bored pretty easily. I just bought Slim in 6 after reading that you received it but still plan on staying in this group. Not sure that answers your question.
  • deltayork
    deltayork Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I love the 21 day fix eating & containers, but I'm not loving the workouts. My passion for exercise is group fitness and I am a Les Mills addict :). I absolutely love Body Combat, RPM, Pump and my favorite is Grit HIIT workouts. They are soooo effective! I'm about to complete my first round and will continue the eating plan, but cannot wait to get back to Grit :).
  • venuila
    venuila Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I was wondering about this too. I'm not currently doing it, but still love this group and miss checking in daily, etc. I've commented a little more recently just trying to motivate others and give my input on what worked for me when I was doing it, etc.
    I can see how having people who are not doing it still bein an active part of the group can confuse (and possibly deter? Shrug) new people, making them feel lost as @SatiaRenee said.

I don't know what the solution is. I feel I've bonded with people within the group and I love the daily check in thread! Part of me really wanting to 21dfx is so I feel I can participate in the group again more. Lol.
    Maybe one of us can make a new group not concentrated on one particular workout and those interested can hop over? I wouldn't want this one to lose its focus or active participation either though.
  • jpkrueger
    jpkrueger Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    @venuila that's a really good idea, to create a new group in case some want to leave this one but still stay in touch. Ex-21 Day FIxers or something. Not that I want anyone to feel excluded here, but it could lose focus and it is nice to be able to say "I wish I had more blues" to people who know what I'm talking about.
  • germany03
    germany03 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    @jpkrueger agreed, maybe the focus of this group should center around 21 Day Fix to give newcomers & returner the same benefit this group provides to us. I was so glad to have found this group. For me I knew I was not going to have to take this journey by myself. I have learned so much here. That said, even if someone is doing a different program they still have all the experience and knowledge from this program. I sure hope people stick around to share it with others. Sometimes it's not as important that someone goes through what someone else feels right now but that someone else has been there and understands what is meant when one i.e.@jpkrueger wishes for more blue containers :)
    I think currently the discussions are pretty well balanced with the main focus on 21 Day Fix.
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    Okay. I think it sounds like we should create a new group. I mean, I'm definitely planning on doing 21DF & 21DFX as part of my daily routine often but right now it's looking like I won't be doing it sometime in July and/or August at all, although I'll still be following the meal plans. (And OMG, @jpkrueger YES! I hear a lot of people say they wish they had another Y but I just want more B!)

So any suggestions for a name?
    • Post-21DF/X
    • 21DF/X Alums
    • We Survived Autumn Calabrese and Lived to Tell the Tale
    I'm open to suggestions and will get a group created sometime next week. We should definitely have the most active threads (daily check-in, recipes, etc.) and just let the group grow/go from there. Besides, I have a feeling i won't be the only one using the containers while doing other things and I'm sure I'm not the only one who will be revisiting 21DF/X frequently.

• dawnkwiatek
    dawnkwiatek Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Reading along, just super busy to post too much.

I agree that we have evolved as a group and I love it! I would hate for someone to "leave" because they weren't doing the same exercises anymore.
  • venuila
    venuila Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking... Another option instead of a new group is maybe just having a separate thread for other topics. Like 'non 21 day fix chatathon' or something. That way people can talk about anything (TV, other workouts, life, whatever) and it won't take people away from this group.

I like the group idea too I just don't want to see this group fade if everyone jumps over there, you know what I mean?

Hope that makes sense, I just woke up. No coffee yet.

• walkdmc
    walkdmc Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of a 21DFX alum daily check in thread within this group.

I really like reading about everyone's progress and LOVE learning what other workout/routines you're using or planning on. Heck, I've bought JM's Body Revolution, Slim in 6 and 2 Les Paul sets since I've joined this group! I love the healthy mindset of getting fitter regardless of the scale reading.
  • germany03
    germany03 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Great idea of the new thread within this group. Sometimes it's the simple solutions that are so hard to see :) ...afraid of what you can come up with after you had your coffee @venuila
  • jpkrueger
    jpkrueger Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    @venuila great idea!!
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    You now, we could also always put OT in the subject to proclaim that it is Off Topic. I think that would be ideal. Because yeah, I would hate to see people migrate away from this group but I also don't want new members to be lost in OT threads. You all are awesome! Super awesome even!

@walkdmc I'm in week 3 of Slim in 6 and I'm starting JM's Body Revolution July 13th. The only thing I'm lacking are the Les Paul sets. LOL!