6/11/15, Day 4

Options
KarenZen
KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
Well Nancy, you must be almost done with your day 4, and I'm really impressed with your commitment despite a busy work day and crushing heat! We went from heat on to air conditioner on in 48 hours here, although I'm sure 81 degrees sounds cool to you.

When does Ramadan start? Nice break for you, hopefully. I used to teach in a college with a large Somali population, and that was a tough time of year for them, especially when it coincided with our longest days of the year.

I'm sure I'll check in later and babble, but for now, happy Thursday!

K.

Replies

• catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Well, I got my 40 min treadmill walk in with another episode of GRIMM! lol Karen you are right, It does make the time go by quickly on the treadmill! Hope you get to go back in the lake again today....that water will relieve that horrible pressure for you...and 'ice' you up too! I am going to zip up my mouth at 6:30pm again so no food or snacks after that time!!

We do manage to get alot done during Ramadan....with the Muslims working only 6 hours a day...the business hours are 9 -3pm....so before and after that time, it is very nice , quiet and less stress!!

So does anyone have any exciting plans for the summer months??? Vacation? Travel? Courses? Concerts??

For me....I am working straight through til my contract ends which will be around the beginning of November. I do plan on one more trip over to visit my friend in Dubai, and then I will make a couple trips by car to Bahrain to get the ol' roots done. But that is about it for my excitement this summer. Sad, really sad! LOL

Hope you all meet your challenge goals today!! I will be back later to check in!! My weekend starts now...with Friday and Saturday as our weekend here. Yeah!!
  • ronercat
    ronercat Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Hooray for walking and hooray for Grimm! This summer I plan on doing a lot of boating and hiking and camping and whatnot, but the only trip I really have planned is my annual trip up to Yellowstone later this summer. Right now I am working on some exercises and stretches for my left sacroiliac joint. About every year and a half it decides that is doesn't want to be in any more and decides to become a nuisance. It isn't debilitating pain by any measure, but it isn't fun. Hopefully the stretches and such can resolve it without taking too much time. I will keep playing tennis and basketball and hopefully that doesn't make it worse haha.
  • catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Oh you and your great annual Yellowstone treks! What fun!! And you are doing a great job of getting your exercises in!!! Congrats!

I stopped eating after 6:30pm...just wish I could stop overeating til then!! lol
  • KarenZen
    Options
    Oh thank you challenge for saving me from the drive thru today! Foolishly skipped lunch, no good from 7 a.m. until 4 p.m., and the drive home past many fast food places was oh so tempting!
    But... Made it home. Heating up my lean cuisine glazed chicken right now. Then swimming with Skippy McGrape. Then off to the clinic for my MRI. GOOD TIMES.

Nancy, I suppose summer is a terrible time to travel in KSA, but can you sneak away to somewhere else? Too bad we can't follow Zac to Yellowstone!
    K.
  • KarenZen
    Options
    And yeah... A little swim with Skippy turned into 90 minutes of water balloon wars with him and the neighbors. I'm frozen and crippled but a happy exhausted!
    K.