Bathing suit season-Ladies??

Options
2»

Replies

• janet0513
    janet0513 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Really cute. You look great even sideways :)
  • mycatsnameisbug
    mycatsnameisbug Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Adorbs!!
  • badhair56
    badhair56 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    killer!!
  • lenac87
    lenac87 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Super cute! :)
  • shortypage1123
    shortypage1123 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    janet0513 wrote: »
    Really cute. You look great even sideways :)

Yeah sorry I could not figure out how to turn it:) Thanks all!!
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,687 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Pat,

Lands End has lots of rash guards. And here is a combined short skirt attached to a leotard, again swimsuit material and meant to be swum in. But it is tight though. In my case that holds the flab in - like nylons do. Do nylons help your legs?

Lands End

Women's Swim Crop Legging

Item #449278AL2
    4.1 / 5
    Open Ratings Snapshot 48 Reviews
    $55.00 NOW $44.00
    The Skin Cancer Foundation recommends this fabric as an effective UV protectant
    Size Range

Shortypage, you look great!
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    x4udlimdb0lu.jpg
    This is the one that I just got from Amazon. I like that it covers the front of my legs and has some slack in the front for my loose skin.
  • sinderstorm
    sinderstorm Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    As I'm only 2 months post op and still losing pretty rapidly, I opted for a cheaper suit that I'll be able to guilt free get rid of when it gets too loose ;) Similar to @tat2cookie but from Walmart.
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Suddenly-Slim-by-Catalina-Women-s-Slimming-Shirred-Halter-One-Piece-Swimsuit/29507937
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    PaulaKro wrote: »
    Pat,

Lands End has lots of rash guards. And here is a combined short skirt attached to a leotard, again swimsuit material and meant to be swum in. But it is tight though. In my case that holds the flab in - like nylons do. Do nylons help your legs?

Thanks Paula. And no, pantyhose do nothing for me. I do have a pair of compression like leggings, the top is a really well working shaper, and they do hold my thighs in a little, but you can still see the 2 inch overhang on the outside of my knees. It's very obvious. The only thing that would really work for me is something that would lift and hold the excess thigh skin. It's OK though, I have faced the reality that I will never again go sleevless because of the upper arm skin pooling at my elbows and never wear shorts or a bathing suit again because of the skin from my thighs pooling at my knees. Until Insurance companies realize that this excess skin should be part of the bariatric process, some of us will just have to live with it.
  • Thaeda
    Thaeda Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    tat2cookie wrote: »
    This is the one that I just got from Amazon. I like that it covers the front of my legs and has some slack in the front for my loose skin.

LOVE it!! You look great!
  • JreedyJanelle
    JreedyJanelle Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    you all look amazing in your suits
  • JreedyJanelle
    Options

pawoodhull wrote: »

Thanks Paula. And no, pantyhose do nothing for me. I do have a pair of compression like leggings, the top is a really well working shaper, and they do hold my thighs in a little, but you can still see the 2 inch overhang on the outside of my knees. It's very obvious. The only thing that would really work for me is something that would lift and hold the excess thigh skin. It's OK though, I have faced the reality that I will never again go sleevless because of the upper arm skin pooling at my elbows and never wear shorts or a bathing suit again because of the skin from my thighs pooling at my knees. Until Insurance companies realize that this excess skin should be part of the bariatric process, some of us will just have to live with it.

I have the same issue. I did the arm lift and that was amazing but the Dr said I have the dreaded thiknee, where the thigh pools around the knee. I do wear spanx pantyhose and they help quite a bit but I still have that fat knee issue. Dr said they would have to do a incision along inside of thigh to tighten that and then incision along leg at panty line to pull it up. So much worse than the arm lift, and it's expensive around 13 grand. I don't wear shorts or short dresses they must be at least to the knee or longer. The more I work out the better they get but I am at goal weight now and still have the droopy thighs. I live close to Denver and I think I might go to the Dr that is on Extreme weight loss show to see what other options there are. I also want to get about 10 more pounds off, that may help too
  • ADF108
    ADF108 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Jreedy Janelle, you mentioned that you had an arm lift... I would LOVE to eventually have this done. Was it a difficult process? And hope I'm not being too nosy, but was it expensive? My insurance will not cover (like most) because it's cosmetic. But I'm tired of having sore arms and side boobs when I work out, cuz they keep smacking into each other. Lol
  • JreedyJanelle
    Options
    ADF108 wrote: »
    Jreedy Janelle, you mentioned that you had an arm lift... I would LOVE to eventually have this done. Was it a difficult process? And hope I'm not being too nosy, but was it expensive? My insurance will not cover (like most) because it's cosmetic. But I'm tired of having sore arms and side boobs when I work out, cuz they keep smacking into each other. Lol

I had saved for years for this surgery as I knew I would have it if I ever got the weight off. It was 7,767 it would have been 8600 but due to some discounts by booking and paying in certified funds, I was able to save. I hear you, I was doing kick and when doing the punches the arms would flap around like crazy. There are pictures on my profile should you want to see.