Introductions

Options
therationalpi
therationalpi Posts: 20 Member
This is the place to introduce yourself and talk about both your weight loss goals, and your plans to achieve them!

Replies

• pixelatedsun
    pixelatedsun Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm Patricia, an Orange Iguana. I'm 26 years old, 5'8" or 5'9" depending on life and the doctors' office I'm at.

My highest weight was 330, and I am currently at 313 though I am confident this will go down tomorrow morning when I step on the scale. My goal was 230 at first just to say "-100 lbs" - will I go lower? Let me get to 230 first and see how it feels, haha.

I am losing weight by your typical, run of the mill "calories in, calories out" formula. Today, however, I signed up for the university gym (I work at a university and we get a $19/month payroll deduction membership if we so choose), and I plan on incorporating some basic cardio into my lunch break 2-3 days a week starting Monday!
  • therationalpi
    Options
    Hey everyone!

My name is Pi, and I'm a 28 year old graduate student, working on losing weight while writing my dissertation. I'm currently 180 lbs at 5'11", down from a starting weight of 198. Way back in elementary school, I put on a lot of weight and ended becoming something of a chubby teenager. At one point in high school I weighed 210 lbs and felt awful. I slowly lost weight after that, and stabilized at around 195 lbs, but still didn't feel good about my body.

Back in 2012, I picked up the book 4-Hour body, and started following a fairly strict slow-carb diet. After a few months of that, I got down to 165 lbs, and felt really good about how I looked. I bought a whole new wardrobe as a reward for myself, loving that I could fit into size medium (and even some smalls!).

But over the next three years I slipped back into my old eating habits and slowly put back on the weight that I lost. Then, this year in March, I jumped back on the wagon, tracking my food with MFP and reducing my portion sizes. By making healthier choices, replacing most of my meat with beans and rice, and generally avoiding starchy foods, I've been losing about 1.5 lbs consistently for over ten weeks!

I still have a long ways to go. My goal weight is 150 lbs, but I'm just starting to lift weights, so I may adjust my goal to better fit with a more muscular me. Regardless, I know I need about ten more weeks at my current rate to get down to where I was three years ago, and that's why I'm doing this challenge.

If you would like to add me as a friend here on MFP, please feel free to send me an invite!
  • kaemjones
    kaemjones Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Teal Tapirs checking in. I'm Kae 26F SW: 300lbs, CW: 172.6, GW 145 (and probably lower after that). I started in January 2014 by calorie counting using MFP and gradually added in exercise. I now run 12-15 miles a week and am training for a 10k and half marathon. Basically my goal is keep trucking on!
  • soruthless1
    soruthless1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Another Teal Tapir jumping in! Brenda is my name, 25F, SW:228, CW: 214, GW: 140ish. Started in March of this year, using mfp to track (my diary is open btw!) and just dropped my intake and added running/walking to my active goals!
  • Multanis
    Multanis Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey there, Christian here from Team Yellow Anacondas.

29M/5'9'' SW: 443, CW: 393, GW: 190

I started about two and a half months ago, mostly just counting calories but since the summer challenge i started walking again and as i got a dumbbell for my birthday i also do some light lifting now.
  • cctgirl
    cctgirl Posts: 1 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I'm Ashley, a Magenta Manatee, and I'm 22F, 5'6" SW:230, CW: 210, GW:169. Ten years ago, in college, I weighed 169 and that is a perfect weight for me, but now I have a cushy layer of fat over all my muscle. I've been running daily and now have started tracking what I'm eating and so far, I've lost 7 pounds since "restarting" three weeks ago.
  • Justin620usf
    Justin620usf Posts: 4 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Hello!!
    Justin from Orange Iguanas here.

24/M/6'3"

SW: 236
    CW: 206

I'm pretty much at my goal weight of 200, but for the challenge I have extended the goal to 190. I am a big into cycling, but am new, so I'm spending this year's season slimming down and getting the fundamentals right. I love it so much; it's a great way to explore new areas and push yourself while losing weight.

Currently at a plateau of 206/207 but hope to break through soon. Living on the Florida Beach means I always need to have that beachbod and not a dadbod!
  • summerjc07
    summerjc07 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am turning 30 in 10 days so we will just go ahead and say I am 30 haha. I am in the magenta manatee group and my stats are sw 263 cw 238.4
    My goal weight at the end of the challenge is to be 220. So we shall see.
    I am a stay at home mom to two kids, one of which is starting kindergarten this year!!!! <3:D She is autistic and is going mainstream with an aid and I really hope she LOVES it. :)
    The 2yr old is non stop and I am hoping the weight loss will give me more of an advantage with him. XD
    I am jogging and riding a bike for exercise and I have an elliptical and hand weights for toning.
    My husband confessed he is getting me shoes for my birthday that are better than my current payless shoes so I am excited about that!
  • Ravkork
    Ravkork Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm Shawn from the Yellow Anacondas checking in. 28M 5'6" SW:270 CW: 264 GW:185 I just started my weight loss journey. I am looking forward to this challenge and the community surrounding it. Reason for wanting to loos weight besides the generic stuff. I want to be able to keep up with the my two kids activity level. I became aware that I could not keep up with these energizer bunnies being in the shape I'm in.
  • ylvak94
    ylvak94 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hey! My name is Ylva and I'm a Purple Parrot. I'm 20F and my stats are 5'5" SW:228, CW:213, GW:130.

I've been logging for about a month and now I'm also exercising daily, doing Yoga every day, C25K every other day and Zumba and Bodyweight exercises once a week each. I weigh in daily and use a weight graph to see my progress every morning. I've also just started using Fitocracy to make exercising more fun, if anyone is using it and wants to add me my username is the same as this one :smile:

I have an open diary and log everything I eat.
  • md7068
    md7068 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm Margaret. Abhalphiest on reddit.
    I'm an Orange Iguana, 20F, 5'9, SW 270 CW 203 GW 135

My diary is open, I accept all friend requests, and I log everything (even 0 cal things like tea and hot sauce, lol), so feel free to creep on me. :)
  • therationalpi
    edited June 2015
    Options
    *Edit* Mistakes were made. I'll be back with my picture soon!
  • fastertori
    fastertori Posts: 2 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Hi, I'm Tori, popflying on reddit. 5'2, SW 213 CW 197 GW 130. Batting for the Red team!

I initially wanted to lose weight because I was disgusted that I had gained 13lb in one year, which had caused me to get a stretch mark on my stomach. Now I'm doing it for health and self control! I used to be so damn gluttonous. Still am in some things but I have so much more restraint now.

I have an open diary and I love friends, so feel free to add me :)
  • ThumperWabbt
    ThumperWabbt Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hiya...I'm Thumper, kathompson on reddit, and a Magenta Manatee. F, 53, 5'8", SW 240, CW 212, 1stGW 180, GW 150.

I'm just tired of being fat. I've had a decade of medical issues that I finally have a grip on, and there are so many things I want to do...since dying is not one of them, for me this is the year of taking care of myself, changing the way I eat, and moving a heck of a lot more. I've done a lot of distance walk training in the last 5 years, but my weight did not change for the better even in those months I was walking upwards of 50-60 miles a week.

I've changed it up, am swimming 2500-3000 meters 3-4 times a week and doing other fun but active things. I have a better handle on food, and the weight is *slowly* coming off.

Feel free to add me here. I only have 3 MFP friends, and one of them is my cat.

No. Seriously. I wanted a friend so I made an account for my cat LOL
  • benjinburg
    benjinburg Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    T.J. 24M 6'2", Blue Barracudas! Heaviest weight was right after college coming in at 323, currently sitting at 233 and hoping to hit my final goal of maintaining around 210 by the end if this challenge.

My main goal is to just legitimately have a healthy lifestyle and to be in average shape. Not trying to have the body of a pro athlete or anything, I really just want to be in good shape. I participated in the spring challenge as well and it was a huge motivator for me. Lost around 35lbs during that challenge. Right now I'm currently maintaining a caloric deficit, weight lifting, cycling and working on c25k.

Best of luck to everyone!
  • Justin620usf
    Justin620usf Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello!!

oops. I thought the teams went with Flair color... that wouldn't make much sense as we keep dropping weight.. GO BLUE BARRICUDAS!
  • pixelatedsun
    pixelatedsun Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Hello!!

oops. I thought the teams went with Flair color... that wouldn't make much sense as we keep dropping weight.. GO BLUE BARRICUDAS!

You can be one of the ladies with us if you'd like! ;)
  • UW81_RRR
    UW81_RRR Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    HI all, I'm UW81_RRR.
    M/33/5'10 SW 330: GW: 200 CW: 299

To get there I go against everything r/LoseIt stands for: I don't track calories or even care. *GASP* I focus on changing habits in the long term for the rest of my life. Every food choice is independent. There are no cheat days, cheat meals, or cheat anything. Food is on a spectrum for me, some better than others. I stick to roughly 10-15 meals in my wheel house, cook 90% of all my meals, eat slowly, stop before I'm full, and balance my meals with vegetables>proteins> smart carbs (in that order). Smart carbs are whole grains, quina, beans, legumes, etc. I rarely eat bread or pasta.

This week's focus is having no added calories drinks: so it's water, black coffee, and tea only. In the past year I've gone from drinking 5-8 sodas plus a latte every day, to 1 soda a week and no latte's for 9 months.

Small changes at a time is my strategy and it's working well.

Exercise I workout 5-6 days a week. M/Th lower body, Tu/F upper body, Wed light cardio, sat intervals. I add in variable interval cardio after all workouts as well.
  • sheswauk
    sheswauk Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Michelle here, Mrs_Senior on reddit - representing RED JAGUARS!

At 58 yo, one of the oldest around here. I am using MFP doing calories in/out and currently, I'm walking around our beautiful, forest-like neighborhood for exercise nearly every day (missed last weekend). I've improved my min/mi pace quite a bit so far; next week I'm going to add distance and maybe some weight training (oh those arms!).

My initial goal is to hit 150# (SW 181.2 and CW 176.2). 140# would be really good for me.

I retired May 22. Mr Senior and I are downsizing and will embark on our inaugural snow-bird excursion this fall in our new-to-us, yet-to-be-purchased moho. We need to be healthier! It's an exciting time.

It's so great to have this supportive community. Thank you all!
  • sheswauk
    sheswauk Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Michelle here, Mrs_Senior on reddit - representing RED JAGUARS!

At 58 yo, one of the oldest around here. I am using MFP doing calories in/out and currently, I'm walking around our beautiful, forest-like neighborhood for exercise nearly every day (missed last weekend). I've improved my min/mi pace quite a bit so far; next week I'm going to add distance and maybe some weight training (oh those arms!).

My initial goal is to hit 150# (SW 181.2 and CW 176.2). 140# would be really good for me.

I retired May 22. Mr Senior and I are downsizing and will embark on our inaugural snow-bird excursion this fall in our new-to-us, yet-to-be-purchased moho. We need to be healthier! It's an exciting time.

It's so great to have this supportive community. Thank you all!