Progress Report

Options

Replies

• bonniejo
    bonniejo Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    So its been a week and my water weight still hasn't budged. Had a few low sodium days, a few days where I drank a ton of water, lost one of it but it came back. So I'm going to start a 13% cut since it's a nice round 2000 calories and see what happens. I was excited to up my calories more, but I don't want to just sit here in limbo and not do anything, and maybe this will get the water off so I can do the 250 calorie test
  • kaybrose730
    kaybrose730 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your progress report! Great to see step by step what I should be doing/expecting...

I've just discovered eatmore2weighless and reverse dieting. We have pretty much the same stats and had been eating about 1200 calories during the week (I have a terrible time with my social calendar so I can say for sure that my weekends were all well over 1200 calories) and bumped up to 1500 this week. Think this was too high of a jump because I feel bloated, but sticking with 1500 until my body catched up. Strength training 3+ days a week and re-introducing cardio as well.. Maybe in another week i'll start with increasing 100 calories per week to reach my TDEE of 2151.

Hope I'm doing this right!
  • bonniejo
    Options
    Thank you for your progress report! Great to see step by step what I should be doing/expecting...

I've just discovered eatmore2weighless and reverse dieting. We have pretty much the same stats and had been eating about 1200 calories during the week (I have a terrible time with my social calendar so I can say for sure that my weekends were all well over 1200 calories) and bumped up to 1500 this week. Think this was too high of a jump because I feel bloated, but sticking with 1500 until my body catched up. Strength training 3+ days a week and re-introducing cardio as well.. Maybe in another week i'll start with increasing 100 calories per week to reach my TDEE of 2151.

Hope I'm doing this right!

Good on you! Yeah, it was really scary at first, and I think that sometimes when you read people's post when they're done they have a hard time remembering the bumps in the road. I do have to say, there were many days where I felt "bigger" but I'd measure myself and I'd be the same. That really helped me, personally. Good luck, and keep me posted!
  • mymodernbabylon
    mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Have you checked out the website and forums on there? You can see the bumps very clearly in all our journeys!
    http://eatmore2weighless.com We're quite supportive and it's good to both read and support others.
  • kaybrose730
    Options
    Hey, so quick question.... My weight hasn't changed all week @ 1500 cals a day. So should I bump it up again now? I've had 3 weight training days, and 2 cardio so far this week..
  • MandaLeigh123
    MandaLeigh123 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Hey, so quick question.... My weight hasn't changed all week @ 1500 cals a day. So should I bump it up again now? I've had 3 weight training days, and 2 cardio so far this week..

Do you have your own separate thread started? Maybe you should start one so people can focus on questions specific to what you are doing? Sometimes it's gets confusing when people are asking questions about themselves on someone else status update. I think it's great that you've found EM2WL! Welcome, welcome :smile:
  • bonniejo
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Still at 135. Went out of town on the weekend, but have been eating 2000 calories this week (12% cut) but it's a no go. Not sure what to do at this point other than keep on trucking and hope it's stress?? I had a big exam Monday so I thought it would drop after that but no luck.

Edit: Waist measurement still pretty much the same (1mm up but that could be due to water)
  • skinny4me2be
    skinny4me2be Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    You say you have a fit bit what is the estimated TDEE its giving you?
  • bonniejo
    Options
    2324 on average over the last 28 days. 2356 over the last 7 days.
  • skinny4me2be
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I'm not expert at this, as I'm still learning to trust this process...HOWEVER, I'm learning that my fitbit could be underestimating my calorie burn- Just something to consider. :-) Great job on upping your cals!
  • bonniejo
    Options
    Yeah, I had gone up to 2300, and was going to go higher but I gained 3 lbs of water overnight and it isn't going anywhere :( I think my fitbit underestimates my workout burns...
  • kaybrose730
    Options
    I ended up returning my Fitbit because it wasn't as accurate as my Polar FT4 HRM... Gets a better reading with the chest strap...
  • skinny4me2be
    Options
    I upped my cals on June 1st and gaine a bit over 6 pounds. It took well over a week for it to settle down
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    6 lbs!
    How much did you increase calories?
    And how much of a potential deficit did you have?

Was part of it Friday eat out?
  • skinny4me2be
    Options
    It was a Friday eat out, I had upped my cals a 150 that week, so I had gone over another 200 that night... Fluids, high sodium, bloating, hormones that week......it was rough! But I stuck it out and now its all down. Thank goodness!!
  • bonniejo
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I really am at a loss on what to do. Still 135, been at a deficit all week eating at 2000 calories, with no movement. I'm starting to be really frustrated, this water weight came on memorial day, which is forever ago.
  • heybales
    Options
    If you are stressed - count on more water weight.

Relax.
  • bonniejo
    Options
    heybales wrote: »

Relax.

Should I stay at 2000 or bump back up to 2300? Am I stressing my body out more with the deficit?

• heybales
    Options
    bonniejo wrote: »
    heybales wrote: »

Relax.

Should I stay at 2000 or bump back up to 2300? Am I stressing my body out more with the deficit?

Exercise level with lack of recovery, lack of adequate sleep, being stressed over weight loss or lack of it, not eating enough - all are stresses on the body.

I was mainly commenting on the additional stress getting excited and worried about it brings to the party and increases the level.

I'd do 2100 for a week - see how much you gain.

Shouldn't be visible on the scale, since it would take 35 days of eating 100 over TDEE to see a slow 1 lb increase - IF 2000 was really potential TDEE.
  • bonniejo
    Options
    Update. Things are not going well. To summarize, fitbit estimates 2300 TDEE for me, so I worked my way up to eating 2300. Was ok for a week or two, and then suddenly gained 3 lbs overnight after memorial day. It has not gone away. I tried doing a cut to get the weight off, starting at 2000 calories for 2-3 weeks. Nothing happened. Then went to ~1800 for 3 weeks. Nothing. From pictures I'm about the same as when I started the reverse.

I'm so frustrated. My only option I guess it to try and reverse diet again, because I can't eat less food, and I can't exercise much more than I am. But will it work? What is going on? I should have had a significant deficit and been losing, but that hasn't happened. :(