Will there be another after?

Options
joshuapowell1989
joshuapowell1989 Posts: 163 Member
Hey,
I love this group, I find myself more motivated as I know others can see my progress on the spreadsheet.
Will there be another group set up once this one ends? I have 32lb to lose to hit my main goal but this group is helping me loads so far :)

Replies

• RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    I'm in for another challenge if there is one! I still have about 20 pounds I'd like to see the last of! :D
  • kayjosh2422
    kayjosh2422 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about Drop 20 by Halloween and than we can go with Drop 20 by Jan 1st. if there is still interest.
  • joshuapowell1989
    Options
    Sounds great. The Spreadsheet and community of this group seems to top others in terms of motivation and progress :)
  • 2CABetterMe
    2CABetterMe Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I don't get to check in here as often as I like but I like having the support when I need it. Will definitely be here for the next one!
  • LadyScorpio67
    LadyScorpio67 Posts: 247 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I was thinking maybe a 10-15 by Labor Day? I know this is my first time in a group on MFP and it the people keep me coming back and motivated.
  • joshuapowell1989
    Options
    I was thinking maybe a 10-15 by Labor Day? I know this is my first time in a group on MFP and it the people keep me coming back and motivated.

When in Labor Day? (sorry, in the UK)
  • LadyScorpio67
    Options

When in Labor Day? (sorry, in the UK)

Labor Day is September 7th.

• maicap22
    maicap22 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Oh, I really hope there is because this group motivates me so much. It's harder to mess up when you check in progress to a group. And I doubt I will drop exactly 20 lbs by jul 4 (although I will try to). I want to continue my progress until I reach my UGW. Another one of this will help a lot to achieve that I think.
  • gizmom19
    gizmom19 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I think another one would be great. Things like this help keep me on track. I don't think I would have even gotten started again with this if it wasn't for a 12 pounds in 12 weeks challenge at work. 20 between Halloween and 1/1 might be tough as only 2 months and this time is about 3 months. Maybe a lower pound goal if a shorter time or maybe until Valentine's Day or something? Just a thought. :)
  • GrammyPeachy
    GrammyPeachy Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    I still have 41.6 pounds to lose and that's if I don't decide to make my goal weight lower when I get there. I'm in for whatever months this group does next. I'm down almost 120 lbs now and happy to be here!
  • Brans34
    Brans34 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    cherirana wrote: »
    I still have 41.6 pounds to lose and that's if I don't decide to make my goal weight lower when I get there. I'm in for whatever months this group does next. I'm down almost 120 lbs now and happy to be here!

Oh my gosh, that's AMAZING! Congratulations!

I'm still going to have another 12 to lose, if I hit my goal from this challenge, so I'm up for another group! It just won't be the whole 20...hopefully! Lol

Everyone in this group is doing so wonderfully! I am so proud of everyone! Even if you aren't losing as much as you'd like, you are sticking to it, and that is everything! Way to go!
  • I_can_do_this2
    I_can_do_this2 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely in for whatever the group decides. I prefer shorter end dates - it doesn't allow me to procrastinate. I like the idea of a Labour Day end date (with an appropriate amount of weight loss targeted - 9 weeks seems reasonable for a 20 lb target) for our next challenge. I find summer poses a particular set of challenges and then, fall, yet another. Labour Day takes me to the end of summer. January 1 works as the next end date - that takes me through fall and (egads) Christmas - while the most wonderful time of year, also the toughest for food issues.

I'm assuming that, regardless of the name given to our particular Challenge, participants know they can, and should, set targets that reflect their own personal situations. For example, if you are over 40 and have just 20 lbs remaining to reach your ultimate goal weight, it's unlikely you will lose that much weight, in a healthy way, in just 9 weeks.
  • TracyeS4
    TracyeS4 Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    cherirana wrote: »

That is amazing! Congrats!
  • cycletrak1
    cycletrak1 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Labor Day, Sept 7th, for the next challenge sounds good to me too. :)
  • kayjosh2422
    kayjosh2422 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I like the Labor day also..So let's plan the next one will be Drop 15 by Labor Day ( Sept. 7th) I think 20 may be pushing it. That's only 9 weeks. Your thoughts??
  • cycletrak1
    cycletrak1 Posts: 607 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I like the Labor day also..So let's plan the next one will be Drop 15 by Labor Day ( Sept. 7th) I think 20 may be pushing it. That's only 9 weeks. Your thoughts??

Whenever you are ready to start the Labor Day MFP Group, here is the link for the Labor Day 2015 Spreadsheet that we can use if you would like:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1m9YLiWUc7aFTFMao3w_T_ZhppCPpOCgXjii3ygFVOCY/edit?usp=sharing

:flowerforyou:

• joshuapowell1989
    Options
    cycletrak1 wrote: »

Whenever you are ready to start the Labor Day MFP Group, here is the link for the Labor Day 2015 Spreadsheet that we can use if you would like:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1m9YLiWUc7aFTFMao3w_T_ZhppCPpOCgXjii3ygFVOCY/edit?usp=sharing

:flowerforyou:

Woop thank you :)
    This group is so helpful at accountability.
    I try harder as I know I will posting my Monday Weigh-Ins for everyone to see.
    It's like Slimming World/Weight Watchers without the cost!

• LadyScorpio67
    Options

I think 15 lbs. would be on point for the Labor Day challenge. I know I'm struggling now to get the 20 off in 13 weeks, but it's an attainable goal.
  • runningsahm
    runningsahm Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I'm totally in for a Labor Day Challenge! The wedding I am in is the Friday before Labor Day, so this new group will be perfect for me. Found the 4th of July group late, so excited to start fresh with all of you. =)
  • nev888
    nev888 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm in for the Labor Day challenge as well - maybe I'll actually achieve something!